Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Soundwave's Global News

Sightings/Sales

Old 3rd July 2018, 08:25 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Episode 10 was released this week, and it was titled - Saga's End.

For some reason I thought there were 12 episodes... but there is only 10, and that is the last one of the Prime Wars Trilogy.

For those who want to read through the entire mini-series, if they can't see it, or don't yet want to.
Old 4th July 2018, 12:44 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Feels like the series has a little bit of an Evangelion influence to it... at least with some of the visuals in the finale.
Old 4th July 2018, 09:52 AM
bowspearer

It's proved OKish, but I can't say I'll miss it that much. It honestly felt more like an amateurish fan series in some parts than an official series. Hopefully whatever gets released for WFC will be a vast improvement.
Old 11th July 2018, 04:56 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

For those who aren't registered to Tumblr, or haven't yet seen the POTP series, al ten episodes are now on youtube on Machinima's channel here.
Old 22nd January 2019, 05:03 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Here's something unusual... without any official announcement, Machinima have blocked access to their cartoons (including the Transformers Prime Wars Trilogy), on both Youtube and Tumblr.
For those who don't have the Combiner Wars cartoon on that special edition of the TF5 Movie, or saved a copy of the episodes while they were up, it might actually require you now to view pirated copies (like the old days when we traded video tapes of episodes that were not yet available legally).
Maybe their license to distribute had expired, or they are going out of business (it would explain why they have blocked access to all of their works).
(realistically though, their view counts were never anything spectacular, so wouldn't have been deemed a successful expense on Hasbro's part... nor will it be missed by many, as the very few fans who liked it, probably saved a copy - and after all of this time, those still intending to see it would have been very small).

(but just to echo the words of the news poster on TFW - this is why we should still have the cartoons released on some form of physical medium, be it DVD, BR or USB stick... because if it only has a digital release and it can't be legally copied, we lose it to the black market when the official copies are no longer available)
Old 22nd January 2019, 05:08 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

I believe I read a company bought Machinima and they've delisted all their videos while they work out the copyrights for everything.

Or something along those lines...
Old 22nd January 2019, 05:44 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I'm frustrated, still yet to see the third part of the trilogy, and from all I've heard it was the only one worth my time. I was planning to squeeze it into lunch times over the next couple months. (when I remembered to)

I'll probably just forget about it now. . .

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)
Old 22nd January 2019, 08:15 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Im sure someone would have saved it on to a hard drive or something. It'd definitely be out there
Old 23rd January 2019, 09:28 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

I won't be able to check from work, however I wonder if their tumblr streams are still active?

That's how I used to watch them since the youtube channel started out geoblocked.
Old 23rd January 2019, 08:36 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
I'm frustrated, still yet to see the third part of the trilogy, and from all I've heard it was the only one worth my time. I was planning to squeeze it into lunch times over the next couple months. (when I remembered to)

I'll probably just forget about it now. . .

I still have the last two series on my computer as mp4 files (I deleted Combiner Wars when I got the official release on the TF5 DVD), so the next time we cross paths (probably me in Sydney), I can put POTP on a usb for you.