Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: More Henkei coming

I would be one of those whingers

Even if the figure is different, it is still Thundercracker and the character is the reason why people wanted the Botcon figures so much. However although I would personally feel pissed of beyond believe, I would be happy to see other fans able to get their hands on them.

I'm a bit different there. I see one set as Hasbro Seekers, the other set as Takara seekers, with different colours and details (based on the Henkei already released). Even if fans mix and match between Hasbro and Takara, as most do in any series, the Hasbro Seekers would still be distinguishable, and worth more than the Takara Seekers. One series shouldn't 'own' a character over another series, or distributor.

benben2142 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=172379

D-04 will be Ramjet. C-05 will be Skyfire.

C-06 and C-07 have been listed but not named. Both carry deluxe prices.

I honestly can't wait for the Ramjetl. The colours on Hasbro's jet mode are very flat. I think the chrome will be awesome. Skyfire is another I am very anxious to see. As happy as I am w/ Hasbro's one, I want to see just what they can do to improve what in my mind is already the perfect representation of G1 Skyfire.

As for the two C-06 and C-07, my guess is 80% on Cliffjumper (w/ new head) and 50% on two-pack Prime. Both are due for September so that gives me slight hope these could be the new Classics 2.0 ones like Sunstreaker or Prowl. If they are, that'd be awesome b.c we'd get a choice as to whether we want it the Hasbro version or Takara rather than have to buy 'em later.
    I hope they get the botcon molds and make dirge and thrust and thundercracker because that would be sweat and kick ass!

griffin

C-05 is Rodimus/HotShot
    C-06 is Skyfire/Jetfire

ooooooh... the plot thickens.

If their Deluxe prices are accurate, that would include Cliffjumper.... but it wouldn't include Magnus. Who could the mystery autobot be?!

I'm thinking they only know that two new deluxes are coming, but they don't know if they're Autobots or Decepticons. If that's the case, we'd be looking at Cliffjumper and Skywarp.

Rodimus is coming in June as C-04

ohhh could be soundwave ^_^
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    griffin

C-05 is Rodimus/HotShot
    C-06 is Skyfire/Jetfire
    Okay, okay. I was just going by STL's numbers in the first posting.

To update my comparisson listing then:
    So far we have (Hasbro figures, with Takara release numbers) :
    Optimus - C01
    Bumblebee - C02
    Grimlock - C03
    Mirage - C04
    Rodimus - C05
    Jetfire - C06
    Cliffjumper - C07 or c08
    ??? - C07 or C08
    Ultra Magnus - ultra recolour
    2-pack Optimus - cr*ppy mould...
    -
    Megatron - D01
    Starscream - D02
    Astrotrain - D03
    Ramjet - D04
    Skywarp - recolour
    2-pack Megatron - another cr*ppy mould...

So either they are giving up a new recolour not part of Hasbro's series, or they are indeed releasing that terrible 2-pack Optimus toy. Or BBTS made a mistake, and it is meant to be a Decepticon (Skywarp). Or, as some have hoped, series 2 figures are being released.
    Exciting stuff...

*smiles + a grin*

I was thinking that because of the delay between the classics and Henkei releases, Takara might carry on with the Universe molds as part of the Henkei line to fill in after the movie. The timing would be about right and since I am guessing that translating Animated and preparing it for Japanese buyers would take a bit of time, they might just run with a henkei-to-universe run(as one line) before getting the Animated line afterwards.

Would be nice. Then we could see if Takara have worked some wothwhile magic with the universe. (cough)Power(cough)glide.