Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your best Christmas present memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Metroplex when I was about 8-9... I think
    Heh, me too. Was a couple years older though.
    That year I was told to pick what I wanted out of the catalogues (yeah, a lot of thought went into the gifts that year, to buy our affection )... so I pointed at the largest biggest TFs toy I could find. And sure enough, got it.

My fondest memory was the first time I received Transformers for Christmas. G2 Skram and Eagle Eye; I think I was 5 years old at the time, the Christmas before I started grade 1.

Although I'm not as old, I got my first TF, for christmas, back in '05. I watched only G1 back then (boomerang reruns) and I really wanted a G1 Optimus Prime, so I asked for op for Christmas.
    But, as you know, it wasn't the 80s anymore and Cybertron was out, so I got the Cybertron Optimus Prime figure (still have) which was awesome (couldn't tell the difference) from santa and I cherished and still cherish that toy.
    At first, I thought, like g1 optimus, that the legs went backwards, until I read the instructions.
    I still have Prime and he is one of my favourites in my collection, not just because it was my first TF, but it is also very G1-esque. It is currently kind of my Classicsverse Optimus at this point. (not entirely though- in my UT display)
    It also kept my love for tfs alive, by getting me into the Cybertron cartoon.
    Good times, good times...

Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime is a _sweet_ toy IMHO. (^O^)

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Easy, my first Transformers Christmas
    Got G1 Starscream, Sideswipe & Soundwave

The day the addiction began
    Heh. My addiction began a few months before Xmas of 1984 with G1 Brawn and Huffer (from HobbyCo!). Xmas of that year I got Skywarp, so that was my 1st TF Xmas pressie, and my 1st ever boxed Transformer (remember when getting boxed toys was a really big deal? ). But getting the Horrorcons in '87 was the most memorable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Christmas 84/85. One word: Jetfire.

To be honest I can't remember what year that was but yeah... Jetfire.
    Would've been 1985 at the earliest for Jetfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Although I'm not as old, I got my first TF, for christmas, back in '05.
    Showoff

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Easy, my first Transformers Christmas
    Got G1 Starscream, Sideswipe & Soundwave

The day the addiction began
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    My fondest memory was the first time I received Transformers for Christmas. G2 Skram and Eagle Eye; I think I was 5 years old at the time, the Christmas before I started grade 1.
    double ditto, though my first two were Skids and Thundercracker, Christmas of maybe 84/85, when I was 5 or 6. still have them both though well played with. Over the years though, I got some great Lego, 30-30 from Bravestar was also a standout.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

This is a great thread!

But, as you know, it wasn't the 80s anymore and Cybertron was out, so I got the Cybertron Optimus Prime figure (still have) which was awesome (couldn't tell the difference) from santa and I cherished and still cherish that toy.
    At first, I thought, like g1 optimus, that the legs went backwards, until I read the instructions.
    I still have Prime and he is one of my favourites in my collection, not just because it was my first TF, but it is also very G1-esque. It is currently kind of my Classicsverse Optimus at this point. (not entirely though- in my UT display)
    It also kept my love for tfs alive, by getting me into the Cybertron cartoon.
    Good times, good times...
    Cybertron Optimus is one of my favourite Transformers! A cool toy and a great way to get into TFs.

Mine would be probably recieving my first TF. Cosmos. I had asked for Optimus Prime (Of course) but my parents got me Cosmos. At first I was disappointed a bit that it was Optimus (hey I would have been about 8 or so), but then I started to enjoy Cosmos. He's a frikkin' flying saucer! Probably got more fun out of Cosmos than I would have Prime at the time!

I remember the next year, I got together with my best bud and we made our Christmas wish list to give to our parents. It was pretty much the figures we hadn't got yet that were in the catalogue. And one year my parents bought Omega Supreme!

I remember being over joyed at this, it was awesome. But then his treads broke. So we took him back to Target (I can still picture how it looked and know which one it was) for a replacement. But they didn't have any more. I was crushed. So they asked if I wanted to get a Supreme later, or something else now. I opted for something else and got Octane.

bet my folks were relieved And to show I made the right choice, which of those two has been reissued?

Aaah, good times, good times!

I guess that would be .... '85, I was in Grade 5. Got from my aunt Soundwave and Buzzsaw ( which I pretended/called Laserbeak in all my playtime) when she went for holidays back to Phils from here... which I then migrated the toy back here heheheh. both are still alive and in fairly good playable condition.

Dont mind the rest of the cassettrons, those I got for myself when I was in Uni - saving up from my meager allowance:P

I usually get asked more and receive toy presents on my Birthday than in Xmas. I usually get clothes and shoes for Xmas so yeah....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Although I'm not as old, I got my first TF, for christmas, back in '05. I watched only G1 back then (boomerang reruns) and I really wanted a G1 Optimus Prime, so I asked for op for Christmas.
    That is so awesome!

I've often wondered that when my son is old enough to watch the (G1) cartoons if he'll grow up thinking that it was current and end up wanting all the toys. Man, that could get expensive
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    That is so awesome!

I've often wondered that when my son is old enough to watch the (G1) cartoons if he'll grow up thinking that it was current and end up wanting all the toys. Man, that could get expensive
    Better stock up on Encore figures now then, that way if he asks (and knowing you keep MISB things) you have something already ready to give him heheheh. Now that's planning ahead... unless he prefers gobots then youd be in great trouble
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    ... unless he prefers gobots then youd be in great trouble
    NEVEEEER! *shakes fist*
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]