As a jokey answer, 2003 as I don't see them doing a MP Binaltech Smokescreen that is much better than the original toy.

Beast Wars is a point where the line between needed upgrades and dimisishing returns kicks in. Dinobot and Cheetor are compromised beasts but are great robots. I don't see an MP Rhinox being hugely different from the Voyager CHUG Rhinox. I'd like to see what an MP Blackarachnia looks like, but the Takara Legends does the job for me on my shelf.

As a personal preference I think the MP line is at it's best when it sticks to being Binaltech 2.0 - giving us realistic model cars that turn into cartoon accurate robots.

The other MP figures can be nice (but for every Laserbeak who is brilliant there's a Ravage), but I'm not all that interested in seeing them doing futuristic vehicles or cybertronic animals. I don't want to see an MP Chromedome or MP Fangry or anyone from Beast Machines or Energon for example. I am happy with CHUG revisiting all those eras and giving us modern version of those figures. I'd like to see some newer franchise characters in a G1 style but happy to see that in CHUG.

I'd prefer the MP makers to continue their focus on the remaining Autobot cars (Hound, Mirage, Trailbreaker, Hoist, Skids and then maybe the minibots) over anything else.