Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron In Stock

Quote Originally Posted by tjparkside View Post
    ..all these laws for a toy likely to sit in a room on a shelf as a ROBOT!?!
    I agree to a point, given that relatively rel toy guns can be purchased at any toy or $2 shop for less than $10.

BUT, it has happened that a guy took the G1 megs into the public and caused a scare, and while it is oversized, in alt mode masterpiece Megs looks like a monster hand cannon, flashed around in front of a crowd of untrained eyes at a bank, it would cause mass hysteria.

Be happy that you can get a permit and apart from the cost of the secure cabinet, the actual permit application fee has been waived in the case of Masterpiece Megatron.

I'm just wandering... Couldn't a lot of fuss about this been avoided if the company making MPs packaged Megs in robot form and had minimal photos (or even none?) of his gun mode on the packaging? I'm not sure about stuff like this, just my thoughts, because people buy Megatron because he is freakin' MEGATRON not because he transforms into some ancient WWII gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonecrusher View Post
    I'm just wandering... Couldn't a lot of fuss about this been avoided if the company making MPs packaged Megs in robot form and had minimal photos (or even none?) of his gun mode on the packaging?
    He comes packaged in his bot mode.

As for the second part about leaving off a pic of his alt mode - well, he is a TF and they do need to show what he changes in to after all

Besides, the Masterpiece range is intended as the 'ultimate' incarnation of each character - so all the product details do need to be shown on the box (it doesn't help that it's an enclosed box and you can't view it's contents either)

Customs look for an x-ray scan, before opening up suspect parcels, so it could be packed in a plain cardboard box and still get seen and confiscated.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I agree to a point, given that relatively rel toy guns can be purchased at any toy or $2 shop for less than $10.

BUT, it has happened that a guy took the G1 megs into the public and caused a scare, and while it is oversized, in alt mode masterpiece Megs looks like a monster hand cannon, flashed around in front of a crowd of untrained eyes at a bank, it would cause mass hysteria.

Be happy that you can get a permit and apart from the cost of the secure cabinet, the actual permit application fee has been waived in the case of Masterpiece Megatron.
    thanks for the comments,ultra marginal!
    could you mention more about the permit (type) and the fee being waived (if applicable to victoria) i am told (licensing and firearms/replicas) laws here are changing again in july 2011-don't know if for better or worse!?!
    cheers,tjp.

If it helps, I just received my MP-05 from amiami today. It was delivered by EMS and went through Melbourne customs before coming over to Perth. $120 including EMS shipping, arrived in a couple of days...No dramas whatsoever.

The gun is ridiculously huge, looks like a beefier version of the gun Gabrielle Cash used in Tango & Cash!

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    The gun is ridiculously huge, looks like a beefier version of the gun Gabrielle Cash used in Tango & Cash!
    LOL! - That thing was a friggin' cannon!
    You're right though, MP-05 is well oversized.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    LOL! - That thing was a friggin' cannon!
    You're right though, MP-05 is well oversized.
    I've never seen or held an MP-05 in person so I have no idea how big it is relative to a real firearm - but from reports I've read, it's substantially bigger than the Walther P-38 that it's meant to resemble.

Is it still large enough to resemble another large pistol (like a Desert Eagle for example) or is it just ridiculously large and oversized that it surely can't be mistaken for a real handgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    I've never seen or held an MP-05 in person so I have no idea how big it is relative to a real firearm - but from reports I've read, it's substantially bigger than the Walther P-38 that it's meant to resemble.

Is it still large enough to resemble another large pistol (like a Desert Eagle for example) or is it just ridiculously large and oversized that it surely can't be mistaken for a real handgun?
    To my understanding, it would be equal to and/or quite possibly greater than a Desert Eagle in size - I've never seen a 'Hand Cannon' in real life though.
    Either way, you'd have to have the hands of The Big Show to be able to even wield it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    To my understanding, it would be equal to and/or quite possibly greater than a Desert Eagle in size - I've never seen a 'Hand Cannon' in real life though.
    Either way, you'd have to have the hands of The Big Show to be able to even wield it properly.
    Right. I now just need to find a TF collector who is also a firearms collector and ask them.