View Poll Results: How much of your collection is on display?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100%

8 18.60%
  • 75 - 100%

11 25.58%
  • 50 - 75%

6 13.95%
  • 25 - 50%

6 13.95%
  • 0 - 25%

12 27.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How much of your collection is on display?

Question How much of your collection is on display?

It never ceases to amaze me that some of you guys have dedicated collection rooms.

At any given stage, I only have approximately 50% of my collection out on display.

The other 50% lives in storage boxes in cupboards, etc.

So, my question is, approximately how much of your collection is displayed?

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    So, my question is, approximately how much of your collection is displayed?
    None. Actually, technically one toy - I think DOTM M******* is 'out' as in he's sitting on a box in my room, so I have... like... 0.15% of my collection 'on display'.

For me, I'd say close to 100% but not all as I purely just don't have the shelf space to display everything.
    (That and 1 thing in particular isn't quite able to be displayed... yet )

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    None. Actually, technically one toy - I think DOTM M******* is 'out' as in he's sitting on a box in my room, so I have... like... 0.15% of my collection 'on display'.
    Why such a small amount SS? Renovating? Moving houses?

Mine would be close to 100% if I can find the time to finish setting them up. And I've noticed I'm gonna have to dust them again because it has taken me so long to do up to what I have done that dust is becoming more visible again

mine is 80%...had to pack away my collection due to temporary vistors at home using my collection room sux but it a must.

<1%, and not in a display cabinet, just sitting at random locations in my bedroom on top of shelves/dvd player - I got Animated Shadow Blade Megatron, Animated Deluxe Blurr, RTS Bumblebee and G1 Outback

depends what you define as on display, and where it's on display.

I have my original collection in Victoria, at my parents house. it was all on display but it's been picking a lot of dust up and over the years some has started to yellow etc. So over the last few visits I've started taking it down, cleaning it and putting it away from dust, which is on a shelf but it's in a wardrobe so you cn't see it unless the doors are open and the plastic bags lifted off. there is about 30-40 % of that part of my collection still out in the room.

In Sydny, I would suggest that I have closer to 80-90% on display, partially because of space, and partially as I'm using some larger items as carrots to get through some study that I'm doing on the side. And still have a few things left over from various BBTS shipments that I am yet to unseal.

I actually need to audit my sydney collection as I currently have no idea how many I have.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Why such a small amount SS? Renovating? Moving houses?
    A combination of factors, VP - our housing situation has been in flux this year so we've moved from place to place half a dozen times. We're currently in a studio, so (despite the fact that Mrs Shadow seems to 'display' her clothes and costumes all over the room) there's not much space or call for a Transformer display. Still, even when I do have my own space (like my previous study) I've never kept more than a small fraction of Transformers out - mostly it's just the ones I've been fiddling with and haven't bothered to put away yet. The highest percentage I've ever had on display since 1985 would have been around 1999 when I had my own room in a share house at uni and all my Beast Wars toys out at once, but even then I had all my G1 toys stored away. I don't really 'get' displaying toys - I don't quite understand why people do it, particularly since it would mean that random visitors to the house might think I'm some sort of strange deviant or - possibly worse - have kids of their own and think it's all right to give them... say... e-Hobby Orion Pax to play with.

I'd say about 5-10%

I've got the Hard Hero Rhinox Statue, X-9 Ravage, Takara 10th Anniversary Beast Wars Show 'bots and Transmutate. Thats it.

I don't need to have all of them on display. Plus there is no point displaying sealed stuff.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...