Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knock Off G1 accurate Astrotrain and Blitzwing released (more on the way)

Default Knock Off G1 accurate Astrotrain and Blitzwing released (more on the way)

Just a heads up on recent and upcoming knock off releases to be wary of guys

Besides the massive influx of "G1 accurate" combiner giftsets,

Astrotrain - http://highendtfs.com/?q=node/54

Blitzwing - http://highendtfs.com/?q=node/55

Recent releases

* Bluestreak (no box yet / only available loose)
    * Blue Slag (Diaclone version)
    * Red Slag (red face?)
    * Blue Swoop(Diaclone version)
    * Gold Wing Swoop

Coming soon

* Computron
    * Abominus
    * Japanese Dino cassettes and Slamdance and Squawkbox

Bloody hell!
    All I need is Astrotrain...

I guess it's time to stop collecting G1. I have most of what I want and hope Encore fills in the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    I guess it's time to stop collecting G1. I have most of what I want and hope Encore fills in the gaps.
    With the amount of KOs already out there and the many that are certain to come, one would have t be forgiven for considering that Gamblor... Sucks though that that has to even be said huh?

I'm lucky in the fact that what I'm missing in G1 hasn't been KO'ed yet from what I can recall but it's only a matter of time

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I'm lucky in the fact that what I'm missing in G1 hasn't been KO'ed yet from what I can recall but it's only a matter of time
    this is true for me to.. with a fair few pretenders and actionmasters and micromasters missing from my collection i can hope that i still have time to hunt these down... I am not a big fan of knock offs but those dino cassettes are tempting
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Do other action figure lines have this problem? Are there people producing counterfeit Vintage Star Wars or GIJoe toys in packaging? Or any 20+ year old toyline really?
    Is Transformers the one toyline that is going to be actually end up depreciating in value soon if fakes start outnumbering real toys, and are virtually impossible to differentiate?

I don't think it's impossible but it is getting harder with every knock off that is produced and unfortunately this will reduce the second hand market as the last thing you want to happen is to spend 3K on your Holy Grail only to find out it's a $200 knock off.

bowspearer Guest

Unfortunately it does seem to be just transformers from what I've encountered, but then I could be wrong about that. You have to wonder when this will reach a point where it's wortb Hastak's while to sue.

Decepticon Guest

I'm so glad I'm not interested in G1 toys these days (apart from my Soundwave and Blitzwing).It's a real dodgy market out there. Unsure if it's a good or bad thing that there are alot of KOs around.