Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: WFC2 - Fall of Cybertron game revealed

no PC version pretty much leaves me out in the cold on this one. I hoppe they are just creating tension or something...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Gameinformer.com has posted yet another article, doing an excellent job guys , in the form of a 35min - Roundtable Discussion video with regards to the gameplay of the upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron game.

Game Informer editors Matt Miller and Ben Reeves sat down in the conference room at High Moon Studios with game director Matt Tieger and lead programmer Andrew Zaferakis for a casual conversation about the most interesting gameplay additions to Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

Gameinformer.com would also like to remind readers that:

If you have any remaining questions, feel free to submit them for the upcoming Transformers podcast with Matt Tieger.

Pic Mirrored Courtesy of Gameinformer.com:

^ Note in Hursti's pic above is the alt mode for a yellow decepticon some thought was Dragstrip.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    ^ Note in Hursti's pic above is the alt mode for a yellow decepticon some thought was Dragstrip.
    I don't know Deo, that yellow character in the pic above looks quite a lot like WFC Bumblebee to me ; where was it noted that there was a yellow Decepticon dude?

Gameinformer.com's latest addition to their coverage of the upcoming game Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, is in the format of a Special Edition Podcast; in which High Moon Studios game director, Matt Tieger, answers some fan submitted questions on their successor to the very popular Transformers: War for Cybertron game.

Click here to listen in.

In the podcast in the 36:50 mark, Matt Tieger absolutely and definitively confirms that there won't be a PC version.

Looks like that's it for my following of this game since I won't be able to play it

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I don't know Deo, that yellow character in the pic above looks quite a lot like WFC Bumblebee to me ; where was it noted that there was a yellow Decepticon dude?
    Sorry Hursti, I meant the *tiny* bit of art directly below the wooden beam. It is very small but is yellow and has the purple highlights of the Decepticons. It is still a fairly clear image if you zoom in on it.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    In the podcast in the 36:50 mark, Matt Tieger absolutely and definitively confirms that there won't be a PC version.

Looks like that's it for my following of this game since I won't be able to play it
    It is indeed a disappointing confirmation but at least it was an honestly explained and very understandable reason; of which I commend Matt Tieger in doing as a lot of developers would simply keep consumers in the dark until a month before release.

For High Moon Studios personally, they simply do not have a unit/division/resources that are able to provide the proper levels of support that is required for the game on a PC/Mac platform. The other reason being that for their ability to achieve the best result possible for the budget they have, they simply must invest their funds and resources towards development on the systems that are going to provide the most unified and stable platforms for operation that'll require the least amount of heavy long term support.

This unfortunately leaves PC based fans high end dry but it is through no fault of High Moon Studios or the End User, but an industry trend that is being felt across the board. To anyone who plays PC games or at least monitors the PC Gaming industry, this'll be of very little surprise really as a very large amount of developers are starting to take the route of targeted and specific platform investment; focusing development nigh totally towards 1 or the other, PC or Console, depending on where the particular project is likely to make the largest return and if budget permits? - Maybe a port is produced, which 8 times out of 10 aren't worth the disc they're pressed on or the electricity they're downloaded via.

I'll still be following this game's development regardless however because if a game was ever to convince me to purchase a PS3, it'd be a Transformers game and this particular Transformers game I feel is being developed by an incredibly talented and dedicated company that is only trying to benefit gamers and TF fans alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Sorry Hursti, I meant the *tiny* bit of art directly below the wooden beam. It is very small but is yellow and has the purple highlights of the Decepticons. It is still a fairly clear image if you zoom in on it.
    Ah... Yes!, I see what you mean now dude; I think that could very well be Dragstrip indeed, which is an interesting premise as it begs the question:
    • With the revelation that we will see Bruticus and the Combaticons in TF: FOC, are we possibly going to see other Combiners?

Does this mean there will be little to no patches and map/character packs? Because that would suck. I loved the new maps and characters that came out months after the game release. Keeps the multiplayer fresh, which was a great part of WFC. I really hope they put some more focus into multiplayer as that's what KEPT me playing after I'd ran through the story a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    Does this mean there will be little to no patches and map/character packs? Because that would suck. I loved the new maps and characters that came out months after the game release. Keeps the multiplayer fresh, which was a great part of WFC. I really hope they put some more focus into multiplayer as that's what KEPT me playing after I'd ran through the story a few times.
    Rest assured that that is all coming dude, my comments above were focussed at PC and not console.

Do have a listen of the Podcast, it's 55mins long and I apologise as I'm not sure exactly at what time points it's mentioned but , everything you're curious about is mentioned within it and I think you'll come away with some rather big smiles.