Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: WFC2 - Fall of Cybertron game revealed

1. Trypticon and Laserbeak's bestial-looking forms are their robot modes, not their alt modes.
    My point was that if Trypticon & Laserbeak (among others) have as *one* of their modes, a form that is inspired by or mimicking beast forms, why can't Grimlock, or anyone else have a beast alt-mode?
    Grimlock chooses to have his alt-mode mimicking a beast, compared to Laserbeak & Trypticon choosing to have their "robot mode" mimicking a beast - they are each visually representing an animal that may have previously existed on Cybertron, or on another world that they had prior contact with.
    That's why when I see Gen1 characters that have Beast Robot-modes (mostly cassette-bots), I don't see why we can't have Beast Alt-modes.

Grimlock was a savage, terrifying Autobot, so would want an alt-mode to match. If they had prehistoric beasts on Cybertron, or they had contact with other worlds, he'd want the most intimidating, fearsome looking animal he knew. Not just to scare off the enemy, but to enjoy tearing them apart if they didn't.

In just about every series we have someone with a Beast-themed mode, either the robot-mode or the alt-mode. I just don't see why we can easily have Beast-themed robot modes, but not Beast-themed alt-modes.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    In just about every series we have someone with a Beast-themed mode, either the robot-mode or the alt-mode. I just don't see why we can easily have Beast-themed robot modes, but not Beast-themed alt-modes.

Depending on the outcome of the 'Original 13' debate, one of them may very well have had a bestial form.

The Covenant of Primus mentions a dragon too. Creatures all throughout TF history.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Even Beast Wars characters didn't have Beast modes on Cybertron. They are clearly implied to be Cybertronian (in the pilot) due to the 'non beastial' robot modes and cemented as so in the Dawn of Future's Past comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Depending on the outcome of the 'Original 13' debate, one of them may very well have had a bestial form.

The Covenant of Primus mentions a dragon too. Creatures all throughout TF history.
    So the 'PRIMUS DID IT!' explanations may actually be canonical?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Even Beast Wars characters didn't have Beast modes on Cybertron. They are clearly implied to be Cybertronian (in the pilot) due to the 'non beastial' robot modes and cemented as so in the Dawn of Future's Past comic.
    BotCon 2006 Buzzsaw is clearly a bird though.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Again these are technically their robot modes, not their alt modes. And in recent Neo-G1 media their robot modes have been portrayed as looking more Cybertronian.
    Cybertronian Ratbat
    Cybertronian Ravage
    So Grimlock being a guy that turns into a Dinosaur doesn't make sense but Ratbat being a bloody big Bat that turns into... whatever he turned into on Cybertron is ok? I don't really see the difference. (edit: Griffin basically already said this)

Also, I haaaaaate the idea that Ratbat used to be a human looking guy. That's trying to make Transformers "make sense". Bugger that.

We've never seen what Turbofoxes (or Petrorabbits) look like... so who knows. But just because they're called foxes doesn't necessarily mean they have to resemble foxes. After all, Firefoxes (aka Red Pandas) are neither foxes nor bears and are more closely related to raccoons, weasels and skunks (Ailuridae family).
    Maybe they look like Dinosaurs!

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    One of them does, yeah.

So what about the fact all these cybertronian vehicles have windscreen/cockpit areas? How is having a vehicle that is clearly designed to accommodate a pilot/driver any different to having a beast alt mode?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

You're no fun Gok. I almost can't believe you're whinging about this.

Seriously, the possibility of a playable Grimlock dinosaur is THE BEST THING EVER, but you'd rather have a tank - like half the playable characters ALREADY - just because it makes sense.

Also as a bunch of other members have pointed out, animal forms exist on Cybertron, there's nothing to stop Grimlock being a special snowflake and picking a fearsome beast mode as his alt mode.

ANYWAY, I for one am super pumped for this game! high moon did a great job on WFC, and I can't wait to see what they do with this one. Bring on the Fall of Cybertron!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    That pic was merely to indicate my support for Beast Alt modes in general, as such I think it is quite fitting.

I concur with Tinyjazz, I can't wait for this game... On PC!