Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: WFC2 - Fall of Cybertron game revealed

Apparently there are some easter egg type sneak-peek images in a recent video tour of High Moon studios (the people doing the game).
    It is said to show some early concept images of a few characters we could expect to see in WFC2.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    My point was that if Trypticon & Laserbeak (among others) have as *one* of their modes, a form that is inspired by or mimicking beast forms, why can't Grimlock, or anyone else have a beast alt-mode?
    Grimlock chooses to have his alt-mode mimicking a beast, compared to Laserbeak & Trypticon choosing to have their "robot mode" mimicking a beast - they are each visually representing an animal that may have previously existed on Cybertron, or on another world that they had prior contact with.
    That's why when I see Gen1 characters that have Beast Robot-modes (mostly cassette-bots), I don't see why we can't have Beast Alt-modes.
    As kup and I have previously mentioned, in War For Cybertron Trypticon and Laserbeak's robot modes have been intentionally modified so that they are not as bestial as their G1 counterparts. Trypticon's robot mode is actually a huge hulk robot... but with some very subtle saurian hints to make it recognisable as Trypticon. His body proportions are more humanoid than saurian. Likewise Laserbeak's robot mode is based on his Cybertronian robot in the G1 cartoon which is more like a little jet than a condor.

WFC seemed to have explicitly avoided making characters like Trypticon and Laserbeak look too bestial in robot mode. Why wouldn't they apply this same standard for Grimlock's alt mode?

I'm not saying that Grimlock's alt mode has to be a tank - but I'm saying that it looks too Earthen. Perhaps as Tetsuwan Convoy suggested, an alien bipedal saurian-esque robotic monster along the similar vein as the Terrorcons or Monsterbots... it'd look similar but different.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    Grimlock was a savage, terrifying Autobot, so would want an alt-mode to match. If they had prehistoric beasts on Cybertron, or they had contact with other worlds, he'd want the most intimidating, fearsome looking animal he knew. Not just to scare off the enemy, but to enjoy tearing them apart if they didn't.
    If they're running along the idea that there were prehistoric Earthlike animals on Cybertron (why not? It happened in Beast Machines ) or if they had contact with other worlds with beasts on them (e.g. Animatron), then okay, I'd buy it... (it sure beats "A Wizard Did It!") - if the game drops even a slight hint at this as exposition, then sure -- I'll pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    In just about every series we have someone with a Beast-themed mode, either the robot-mode or the alt-mode. I just don't see why we can easily have Beast-themed robot modes, but not Beast-themed alt-modes.
    Yes but in WFC the "beast themed" modes were previously carefully designed to be primarily robotic and not outright robot animals. Again - consistency... and I'm talking about consistency within the WFC continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
    So Grimlock being a guy that turns into a Dinosaur doesn't make sense but Ratbat being a bloody big Bat that turns into... whatever he turned into on Cybertron is ok? I don't really see the difference. (edit: Griffin basically already said this)
    I don't even recall ever seeing Ratbat in War For Cybertron. I've only played the PC version, but I certainly don't recall Ratbat in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    So what about the fact all these cybertronian vehicles have windscreen/cockpit areas? How is having a vehicle that is clearly designed to accommodate a pilot/driver any different to having a beast alt mode?
    I agree. Neither does every robot having humanoid bodies or human-like faces or speaking in English etc. -- but I'm not talking about making everything make sense, I'm talking about consistency. As I said, the game designers have been careful in making other beast-themed forms not look just like robot animals, but rather robots or vehicles with subtle hints of their G1 bestial forms. With Grimlock's alt mode it doesn't look like they've done this -- he just looks like a robot T-Rex to me!

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Seriously, the possibility of a playable Grimlock dinosaur is THE BEST THING EVER, but you'd rather have a tank - like half the playable characters ALREADY - just because it makes sense.
    As I said before, it doesn't have to be a tank. I initially mentioned Cybertronian tank because that's what his previous Cybertronian mode was. My objection is that the alt mode is too Earthen. The fact the Transformers had Cybertronian alt modes prior to contact with Earth is something that's been around since the beginning of G1.
    e.g.:
    Bumblebee
    Jazz
    Wheeljack
    Skywarp & Thundercracker
    Soundwave
    Optimus Prime
    Blaster & Powerglide
    Seaspray, Beachcomber & Warpath
    ...and more importantly, every other WFC TF's alt mode has been Cybertronian, and any beast-themed robot mode has been made to look less bestial/Earthen.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz
    Also as a bunch of other members have pointed out, animal forms exist on Cybertron,
    Not as alt modes though. And even the beast-themed robot modes in WFC have been designed to make them less bestial and more robotic or vehicular.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz
    there's nothing to stop Grimlock being a special snowflake and picking a fearsome beast mode as his alt mode.
    So... "because he's kick-butt and awesome!" seems to be the primary reason why we can all just suspend disbelief and let Grimlock do what he wants despite logic...

In that case, I expect the character to be able to shoot Sharkticons with lasers on their heads out of his mouth, and those Sharkticons can shoot swarms of cyberbees out of their mouths too. PHWOAR!!

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    BotCon 2006 Buzzsaw is clearly a bird though.
    He is a G1 character so he has Earth knowledge and influence. His bird mode mode is a logical carry over from G1.

Default Whoa! - Major Update!

Courtesy of Seibertron.com, a Gamestop Pre-Order listing has yielded some new info on the next War For Cybertron game:

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron transports you to the final days of the planet Cybertron where you will experience the darkest hours of the apocalyptic war between the Autobots and Decepticons.

Embark on an adrenaline-fueled journey through a wide range of missions and massive environments designed around each character's unique abilities.
    With the stakes higher than ever before, you play as a variety of Transformers, including Grimlock's nearly indestructible T-Rex form and the legendary Combaticons forming into the colossal Bruticus.
    Fight through both sides of the Transformers' most epic battles leading to their legendary exodus from their homeworld.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron allows you to go head-to-head as Autobots and Decepticons with its multi-player online mode.
    Create your own personalized character and weaponry with the most advanced and in-depth customization ever before seen in a Transformers video game.

Where is the PC announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Where is the PC announcement?
    there probably wont be one :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Courtesy of Seibertron.com, a Gamestop Pre-Order listing has yielded some new info on the next War For Cybertron game:
    Awesome. Thanks Hursti
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    He is a G1 character so he has Earth knowledge and influence. His bird mode mode is a logical carry over from G1.
    I'd have thought it would have been a sore reminder of the Decepticon loss of the Great War

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

So... "because he's kick-butt and awesome!" seems to be the primary reason why we can all just suspend disbelief and let Grimlock do what he wants despite logic...
    Hell yeah.

Honestly, Grimlock being a Dinosaur at any point in time doesn't make sense (Except Beast Wars: The Gathering I guess... bleh) but it's COOL so we roll with it.