Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: WFC2 - Fall of Cybertron game revealed

Pity about there being no PC version. It isn't a dead or dying gaming format, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    As kup and I have previously mentioned, in War For Cybertron Trypticon and Laserbeak's robot modes have been intentionally modified so that they are not as bestial as their G1 counterparts. Trypticon's robot mode is actually a huge hulk robot... but with some very subtle saurian hints to make it recognisable as Trypticon. His body proportions are more humanoid than saurian. Likewise Laserbeak's robot mode is based on his Cybertronian robot in the G1 cartoon which is more like a little jet than a condor.
    Subtle? Trypticon is clearly a giant dinosaur... with tail, claws, chomping dino head that even looks like the Gen1 Trypticon.
    There's no way it could be mistaken as a robot with "subtle" beast hints.
    (this clip at 2.30 shows Trypticon transforming and falling to Cybertron in the game)

Laserbeak on the other hand is small enough to be anything really, as it doesn't show up big enough to get a good look. But since he makes a squawking sound, has moveable wings and has no other "robot" mode, it would be unlikely that the Gen1 homage/inspiration would be anything other than a robotic condor (check out 0.20 on the Laserbeak Trophy Clip).

Trypticon and Laserbeak's robot modes have been intentionally modified so that they are not as bestial as their G1 counterparts.

WFC seemed to have explicitly avoided making characters like Trypticon and Laserbeak look too bestial in robot mode.

Yes but in WFC the "beast themed" modes were previously carefully designed to be primarily robotic and not outright robot animals.

As I said, the game designers have been careful in making other beast-themed forms not look just like robot animals, but rather robots or vehicles with subtle hints of their G1 bestial forms.

...any beast-themed robot mode has been made to look less bestial/Earthen.

And even the beast-themed robot modes in WFC have been designed to make them less bestial and more robotic or vehicular.
    I won't dispute anything that has been officially announced somewhere, but I just don't remember that. Where exactly was it mentioned by the game designers that they made "beast" Gen1 characters look less "beasty"?
    If they did say that for WFC, then fair enough (and they gave Swoop and Grimlock vehicle modes on the DS version anyway), but if they never specifically said that which you claim, or they were only referring to that first game, anything is possible with other games. They might even have to explain why Grimlock was a Tank for WFC, and is now a Dino in FOC.

Cybertronians seems to have evolved into mostly bipeds like humans, so who's to say that they didn't also have similarly evolved beasts like on Earth. They certainly had spiders and slugs, so why not birds and dinosaurs?

Pre-orders? For something that is 14 months away? Really?
    Unless it is a limited edition item that is going to sell out before it is released (which it won't since it is just the regular version), who's really going to pre-order this 14 months in advance?

US$60 - 1/12/12... I'll start saving up...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Where is the PC announcement?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    there probably wont be one :P
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Pity about there being no PC version. It isn't a dead or dying gaming format, surely?
    Well, nothing has been officially mentioned on the matter yet but it certainly doesn't look all too good does it?

*For Transformers, I've no problem overlooking poorly ported console games.

Pre-orders? For something that is 14 months away? Really?
    Unless it is a limited edition item that is going to sell out before it is released (which it won't since it is just the regular version), who's really going to pre-order this 14 months in advance?

US$60 - 1/12/12... I'll start saving up...
    1st in best dressed? , I get the feeling that Gamestop may know a little more than what they're letting on in this department.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Awesome. Thanks Hursti
    No problems man, I almost fell of my seat when the mentioning of a Gestalt Bruticus being in the game was in the blurb!

Subtle? Trypticon is clearly a giant dinosaur... with tail, claws, chomping dino head that even looks like the Gen1 Trypticon.
    There's no way it could be mistaken as a robot with "subtle" beast hints.
    (this clip at 2.30 shows Trypticon transforming and falling to Cybertron in the game)

Laserbeak on the other hand is small enough to be anything really, as it doesn't show up big enough to get a good look. But since he makes a squawking sound, has moveable wings and has no other "robot" mode, it would be unlikely that the Gen1 homage/inspiration would be anything other than a robotic condor (check out 0.20 on the Laserbeak Trophy Clip).
    Alright, but as I'd initially said, these are their ROBOT modes. I was initially wasn't critiquing bestial alt modes - because as you've pointed out, we've already had them in WFC. These don't make much more sense than having humanoid robot modes anyway (since humans are another kind of animal). So I'm able to suspend disbelief for the robot mode... however because all previous alt modes shown in WFC have been Cybertronian, it seems odd that suddenly only Grimlock would have an Earth mode. It's not so much the implausibility that irks me, but the inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    I won't dispute anything that has been officially announced somewhere, but I just don't remember that. Where exactly was it mentioned by the game designers that they made "beast" Gen1 characters look less "beasty"?
    Clarification: they didn't (AFAIK). That was based on observation.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    If they did say that for WFC, then fair enough (and they gave Swoop and Grimlock vehicle modes on the DS version anyway), but if they never specifically said that which you claim, or they were only referring to that first game, anything is possible with other games. They might even have to explain why Grimlock was a Tank for WFC, and is now a Dino in FOC.
    I certainly hope they do.

I'd never seen WFC Grimlock before I saw that link (as I've never played the DS version of WFC) -- but after seeing that, it makes me more resolute in wanting to see FOC provide some explanation for his change in alt mode. Had he already been a dino in WFC -- as weird as it would be I'd be more willing to accept it... because basically it wouldn't be FOC's fault that WFC had already established him as a dino.

But here we can see that WFC has explicitly established Grimlock's alt mode as a tank... so if they're going to change his alt mode to a saurian in FOC then there ought to be an explanation. That's just basic story telling.

But here we can see that WFC has explicitly established Grimlock's alt mode as a tank... so if they're going to change his alt mode to a saurian in FOC then there ought to be an explanation. That's just basic story telling.
    ...And I think we all very much agree with you there Goki, hence why I want that bloody magazine to get leaked... nnnn-NOW!

We need answers!

That's right. It's hardly dead or dying.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...llion-in-2010/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverch...orth-billions/

However retail presence for PC games is indeed almost dead as more and more PC gamers are choosing to buy their games mostly from legal 'purchase & download' services such as Steam.

In regards to a PC release. It is possible they will shaft the PC version as even with WFC, it was 'US only' for a very long time and as far as I know it only retailed there too. If the platform didn't sell that well is probably because they crippled it on release by limiting availability.

However having said that, there is some hope as Gamespot has it listed for PC as well as the PS3 and 360 but that could be a mistake.

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/tra...ron/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    However having said that, there is some hope as Gamespot has it listed for PC as well as the PS3 and 360 but that could be a mistake.

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/tra...ron/index.html
    Here's hoping dude.

Odds are it will come out on PC as well, but unlikely to be in this country much like the last one. I don't even remember if there was much coverage for the PC version for the first one either.

I'm pumped, I still gotta buy the first one anyway, and a console to play it on

Playing as Bruticus? That will have to be epic, wonder if we will see Superion show up as well. But I hope there are more figures for this one that come out, and more than 5 characters

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    But I hope there are more figures for this one that come out, and more than 5 characters
    More bloody Decepticons!

You've got a PC right?
    (Seems it must of sold well on PC though? )