Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Kmart sale 31st oct - 20 Nov

Well, well....

From the NSW Sightings thread

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Warrawong Kmart has DOTM Commander class gift pack for $30. The one with Optimus, Crowbar, Powerglide, Sideswipe and Bumblebee repaints.

Thats all thats out there though

Only BBee and Starscream of the Cyberverse sets at Port Adelaide...will try West Lakes tomorrow.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    I'm ashamed to work (only 9 hours a week, don't judge me) for these fools! What a dud.
    I only just received the catalogue today and granted, this could be due to a delayed 'Walk-&-Be-Paid' employee, but I've got to say that these sales aren't getting quite the advertising they'd normally get it seems?
    You gotta do watcha gotta do, as Monday Monkey lives for the weekend.

It does seem to be a little slow, but don't forget the sale goes for a couple wekes, so thre may be stock in a few days or a week.

Maybe stock was a bit slow coming in from somewhere, as such the advertising has been delayed to avoid the average joe being dissapointed when the stock isn't on the shelf.

I'm hoping we get the soundwave and ratchet sets by the end of the sale. that would be sweet, though it may essentially be a clearance sale.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The Kmart I went to this morning had a note on the shelves saying the 5-pack was unavailable "at this store", but rainchecks could be made.
    I don't know if it was just that store or state-wide

Keeping LordCyrus' recent sighting post in mind, I went to Kmart Warrawong today and I've got to say that the only tags indicating anything TF related was on Sale was for the Leader Class and the Cyberverse Action playsets...

They had at least 12x DOTM Ultimate Giftpacks and roughly 30x Ultimate Primes of whom didn't have a Sales tag (Hence reading $89.00) and weren't anywhere near the rest of the TF figures.
    It was highly evident to me that, for this store at least, this sale clearly appears to be for Stock Clearance as everything that was on shelf were Wave 1 crap that hadn't moved for 6-8 months; I wonder why when pretty much 89% of their on-floor TF stock consisted of Bumblebee...

Aussie retailers really don't seem to be doing themselves any favours if the above is anything to go by, which is especially evident when you hear several parents with kids going through the isles saying: "It's not here/it's still too expensive - I'll just buy it on the Internet (In the case of one Grandmother: Internets )".

I'm honestly very glad to hear parents and grandparents turning to the Internet for retail, a far wiser and cost effective choice in my opinion.

Just back from Kmart Burwood 24/7 and there were about 10-15 sets of the Ultimate Gift 5-packs there for anyone who wants them.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!