Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TFC Toys: Dino-Combiner

I'm quite impressed with what these 3rd party companies are churning out these days... it's actually re-igniting my interest in collecting bots again.
    At least with 3rd party stuff, the focus is on adult collectors and you know you're not going to have shortened smoke stacks or rubbery plastic used for swords, etc.

WOW. That looks great, well except for the small combiner head.... hmmm wonder how big this thing is... and how much would it end up costing
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I would have also preferred Predaking of Abominus. I will need to see the individual robot modes before I make up my mind.
    Oh man this thought hadn't even crossed my mind. A custom classicsverse Abominus is even more awesome than Hercules/Giant.

In regards to this new announcement though - the idea of combining Dinobots never appealed much to me. They're already massive (character wise anyway) as individuals and it just feels weird slapping them together as a gestalt.

On a side note as well (with the exception of Computron) when gestalt teams unite; there tends to be an inversely proportionate relationship between strength and intelligence within the combined giant. That is - despite physical strength increasing immensely, they suffer from dumb-as-a-rock syndrome. This would probably be far more evident in our young dino combiner friend. I'd steer clear if he was lumbering closeby

I prefer Dinobots in their own individual figures and not combining to a gestalt. It looked kinda weird.

i like the smaller head. i think it suits it =]
    ~

Courtesy of Seibertron.com, some new images have appeared on Action Fiction Checklist; including a shot revealing the Robot modes for each figure:

To me they are a little too compromised for the (IMO) unnecesary combining gimmick.

The scale is all out of whack with Sludge (who should be the biggest or at least same size as Grimlock) looking to be smallest. And Grimlock being way too big.

I also don't like the detachable tails.

Overall nice attempt but since I never cared for a Dinobot combiner team, I am having a hard time accepting the compromises made for it.
    Last edited by kup; 28th October 2011 at 08:49 AM.

I kind of like the concept, but got to agree, sludge is a bit small and the removable tails is a bit dissapointing. kind of a cheat really.

I love the beast modes in appearance though, really nice aesthetic.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The figures proportions are lacking, I suspected simplicity when I saw the combined form.

Snarl and Swoop look ok, the rest have severe proportion issues, particularly the Grimlock bot.

Yeh but that's the thing with 5 team gestalts - the leader is much larger than the four diminutive sized limb formers. Having these Dinobots in scale with their actual characters would simply mean that the combined form would not work - he'd just look disproportionate and freakish.

This set probably would've received better reception if it was more of an individualised classicsverse release as opposed to this strange custom mish mash.

Having said that though, the Dinos on their own still look pretty average.