Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Prime cartoon in AUS from November 6th (plus toy update)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy_josh View Post
    I just got word back from hasbro that they are going to be releasing voyager, deluxe and entertainment packs. Also it will be relesed mid to end of March.
    If it is the FE Entertainment pack, it could mean we get the other FE toys... but if it is the new Starscream/Bbee 2-pack, then we did miss out.

Can you ask them which Entertainment pack it is?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If it is the FE Entertainment pack, it could mean we get the other FE toys... but if it is the new Starscream/Bbee 2-pack, then we did miss out.

Can you ask them which Entertainment pack it is?
    Thanks.
    You're dreaming Griff if you think it's going to be the First Editions.

let us dream!! and hope! :P

Well, I hope your dreams come true. Maybe if you're very bad and sing 5 Hail Megatrons before bed time your dreams will become a reality! Either that or the world will become like Silent Hill, all your worst fears will manifest themselves physically with isle upon isle littered with all-Hasbro-grey Bumblebees and Michael Bay mannequins.

I rang them up to find out and I also asked which figures they were sending us and the lady did not know at all, I was hoping for wheeljack,arcee and ratchet, wanted ratchet so I could get him signed by teh voice actor at OZ Comic Con.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    You're dreaming Griff if you think it's going to be the First Editions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Accel View Post
    let us dream!! and hope! :P
    Hehe, yeah - It would be nice if the rest of the FE stock were to be dumped on Aussie shores, I wouldn't care if they shelf warmed for 6 months either!

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Well, I hope your dreams come true. Maybe if you're very bad and sing 5 Hail Megatrons before bed time your dreams will become a reality! Either that or the world will become like Silent Hill, all your worst fears will manifest themselves physically with isle upon isle littered with all-Hasbro-grey Bumblebees and Michael Bay mannequins.
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy_josh View Post
    I rang them up to find out and I also asked which figures they were sending us and the lady did not know at all, I was hoping for wheeljack,arcee and ratchet, wanted ratchet so I could get him signed by teh voice actor at OZ Comic Con.
    Hmm, cheers for the inquiry dude, as before it's much appreciated; I reckon that chances are it's best to submit the questions via email as that'd likely give them a bit more time to seek better details, if they're even able to give that sort of thing out so far ahead of time though.

if FE stock was out here most of us would be employed as middlemen for Americans :P

We'd have some desperate American customers for sure, but keep in mind the 2-3 times we pay here. For an American to buy a single Deluxe toy from us and have it shipped to them, it would cost them the equivalent of 4 or 5 Deluxe toys in their prices. They're used to Deluxe prices at US$12... with the current exchange rate, one of ours at a cheaper source of AU$25, would cost them about $28 (to convert US$ to AU$) plus international shipping (say, AU$25 for one item... more if were registered or insured).

To put it in our perspective, it would be like paying over AU$100 to have a single Deluxe TFPrime toy shipped to us from a foreign source.
    Unfortunately, that's why we wouldn't get much business, even if we were flooded with the toys. Because Hasbro won't pass on the savings of the Exchange rate.
    They are still selling the toys at a wholesale price of 5-10 years ago when the exchange rate was 50 US cents.
    The retailers here are actually paying 1 & 1/2 times US Retail price that American customers are paying... which is why it is so much cheaper to import now.

They are still selling the toys at a wholesale price of 5-10 years ago when the exchange rate was 50 US cents.
    In your dealings with them (Hasbro) griffin, or anyone else for that matter, has this discrepancy ever been explained? It simply doesn't make any sense especially when they have product sitting on the shelf that is not moving.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

We'd have some desperate American customers for sure, but keep in mind the 2-3 times we pay here. For an American to buy a single Deluxe toy from us and have it shipped to them, it would cost them the equivalent of 4 or 5 Deluxe toys in their prices. They're used to Deluxe prices at US$12... with the current exchange rate, one of ours at a cheaper source of AU$25, would cost them about $28 (to convert US$ to AU$) plus international shipping (say, AU$25 for one item... more if were registered or insured).

To put it in our perspective, it would be like paying over AU$100 to have a single Deluxe TFPrime toy shipped to us from a foreign source.
    Unfortunately, that's why we wouldn't get much business, even if we were flooded with the toys. Because Hasbro won't pass on the savings of the Exchange rate.
    The retailers here are actually paying 1 & 1/2 times US Retail price that American customers are paying... which is why it is so much cheaper to import now.
    Sad thing is charging American's 28 + delivery is still cheaper than getting it from Canadian eBayers ;D