Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Prime cartoon in AUS from November 6th (plus toy update)

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    In your dealings with them (Hasbro) griffin, or anyone else for that matter, has this discrepancy ever been explained? It simply doesn't make any sense especially when they have product sitting on the shelf that is not moving.
    Their excuse was that the exchange rate is too unpredictable to risk adjusting their prices... as in, if they drop their prices at Toyfair one year and the exchange rate suddenly plummets, they lose money on the prices they've locked in with retailers for the next 12 months.
    Basically they claim to be shielding themselves from an exchange rate that could not occur in the space of time between Toyfairs, without a total collapse in the concept of capitalism (or a depression)... And if that happened, selling toys would be the least of their worries.

At least, that's their excuse... when in reality, it's just the result of them getting fat of the increasingly widening profit margin. Charging 3 times the price Hasbro America charges their retailers, means 3 times the profit... and the retailers here just have no clue they are being scammed. (or don't care)

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Maybe if you're very bad and sing 5 Hail Megatrons before bed time your dreams will become a reality!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    To put it in our perspective, it would be like paying over AU$100 to have a single Deluxe TFPrime toy.
    So it's like them wanting to buy one of the new third party constructicon bots or a war defender bot? So why will they complain if we get the figure and they don't? Hell they would jack the price up on us if they had a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy_josh View Post
    So it's like them wanting to buy one of the new third party constructicon bots or a war defender bot? So why will they complain if we get the figure and they don't? Hell they would jack the price up on us if they had a chance.
    I guess it just comes down to how badly someone wants something huh?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately Australia or New Zealand won’t be receiving the PRIME First Edition Deluxe or Voyager products. However we are launching the main line PRIME products into our market in March so expect to see most of the line within the first 5-6 months of the year.

Regards

Hasbro Consumer Services

Quote Originally Posted by Accel View Post
    Unfortunately Australia or New Zealand won’t be receiving the PRIME First Edition Deluxe or Voyager products. However we are launching the main line PRIME products into our market in March so expect to see most of the line within the first 5-6 months of the year.
    Heh...
    Well, it was kind of expected really but at least we now know - Cheers for the info though Accel.

Ah, so it'll be the Bbee/Starscream Entertainment pack.
    This is such sad news. The retailers and consumers could do with a break from all this Movie universe of the last 4 years by having as much new different Prime toys as possible... but I guess the clashing packaging styles of FE and RID would be difficult to market to retailers, and from retailers to consumers.

Australia won't be receiving FE toys... shock horror

Well, that's done it for me. I'm ordering everything online now. Why even bother with the stores <shrugs>
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Accel: zOMG!!! You actually got a REPLY from Hasbro!! And it may be true!! Go buy a lottery ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by Accel View Post
    I was honestly thinking that we would get FE, but in March... but anyway... glad I got my FE stuff from overseas. <sigh> That's really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Well, that's done it for me. I'm ordering everything online now. Why even bother with the stores <shrugs>
    Hey, I got all my FE toys from brick and mortar stores! Just... not in Australia. But yeah, I can understand the frustration with purchasing from local stores if Hasbro won't bother supporting them with new stock.

you know whats even crazier?

the reply was 1 hour after I sent the email.

SCARY!