Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
So... has anyone else seen Resident Evil Retribution yet?

I give it a high-rental. It was alright for an action-packed movie, there was the sense of a rising challenge like in a video game as the movie progressed but the action scenes, even the last one weren't that awe-inspiring like the first time I saw Iron-Man or Transformers. I can't expect much from a plot that's based on a video game - but that shouldn't excuse writers and filmmakers from just relying on cardboard characters. The one thing I was really impressed by this movie was the score, done by Tomandandy. It may have a tron-like influence to it but that's the type of music that I don't mind having my ears pummeled with.

It's not a bad movie, and you know that the cast and crew were enthusiastic about it when they made it - but perhaps if they just took a step back and put more thought into it it could have become something much more than meets the eye...
I saw it and hated the score lol. It was so loud and just felt like a wall of noise. Maybe the cinema turned it up too loud. It is not as good as previous installments. Just felt like a cut and paste job with scenes put together. It was enjoyable to watch though just lacked something that the other movies had. Not sure where they would go with the franchise now after seeing the end?