Thread: TF4 - 2014

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    And yet you'll all go and see it and feed the machine.
    Perhaps. I saw RotF on the back of how enjoyable the first film was (which I watched 3 times at the cinema). I felt that RotF had the best action scenes out of all three movies but compared to the first film, it was a big letdown overall. Once they reached the desert things really started to drag. I saw it once at the cinema and that was more than enough. Once again, I saw DotM on the back of how good the first movie was, and how much I enjoyed the action scenes in RotF. Didn't enjoy this one at all. The action was so stupid at times (Starscream vs Sam anyone? Or Optimus dangling? Perhaps the completely unnecessary building collapsing scene which, while impressive on ILM's resume, ultimately adds nothing?) and so mind numbingly constant that I completely tuned out after a while. The humour was even worse than RotF (man I miss Bobby B) and it just went for ever and ever and ever.

So maybe I will see it, maybe I won't. I'll admit that when it comes to Transformers I am weak and am more likely to cave in and see it despite my better judgement. If it's given to a decent writer/director (I like the guys who fill both roles) then yes, absolutely I'll go and see it. If Michael Bay does end up doing TF4 I will probably drag myself there on cheap Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    These movies have done more good than people give them credit for and All TF Fans have benefited from them immensely.
    I dunno about that Hursti. I know you aren't the biggest fan of the Animated aesthetic but I was pretty upset when the Animated toy line was cut short to make room for all the RotF stuff. There were even Animated toys that had been designed and readied for mass production that were cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    *sigh* in my head the music is done by Daft Punk.

seriously...did no-one else think the Tron soundtrack would work well with Transformers?
    Absolutely! Can't go wrong with the French masters. Would also love to see some super slow-mo action shots of Overlord ripping into the Autobots with this kind of music playing in the background. Ahh it's nice to dream isn't it.
    Last edited by Doubledealer; 14th February 2012 at 02:04 PM.