Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Collector Club's Credit Card processors a definite leak - check yours

Just went to read the thread of this issue at tfw2005...... man the hate in that thread is palpable but I say very reasonable against FunPub.

CC fraud amounting to hundreds of dollars and all the hassle with banks is just... too much and they won't even say they're sorry...... Wonder if they'd be lynch mobbed at the next Botcon, that'll learn yah
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I haven't had a problem but I cancelled my card anyway. Better safe than sorry and all that.

...so they say that they're working on a secure solution. It's staring them in the face - as liegeprime says - just accept paypal like 99% of other online merchants.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    ...so they say that they're working on a secure solution. It's staring them in the face - as liegeprime says - just accept paypal like 99% of other online merchants.
    Yep, you're dead right guys; not to mention that they'd like get a hell of a lot more people willing to become a member and purchase things if they had PayPal.
    (Hell, I know I would )

But, at least it's a positive step that they've owned up to the responsibility, admitting that anyone who has made purchases since last year's BotCon registration could be compromised , but it is indeed funny how they stopped just short of apologising for what's transpired...

More emails today from the Club.

It no longer seems like just "a possible leak".

Their webforum is also now disabled, a new system will replace it.

Hopefully everyone here who's a club member has been keeping close watch.

This is a bit alarming too

The passwords in their database are not encrypted and it should be assumed at this point that all of our account information was taken along with our payment information

I feel sorry for people on this forum who are members, This whole thing is a major debacle.

Since my membership expires on the 4th, I'm not likely to get any more updates after that day... so if they send out an email saying that their website store is back up (before the 16th), please do post about it here.
    Thanks.

Seems my bank has traced the leak back to fun-pub and hit them with a chargeback for the membership, fun pub has emailed me about it, suckers.

Don't want to beat on a dead-horse, but would like to add that so far every-single-person who I know on a personal basis and has ordered Over-run from FunPub has had their CC defrauded - that's people across Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Don't want to beat on a dead-horse, but would like to add that so far every-single-person who I know on a personal basis and has ordered Over-run from FunPub has had their CC defrauded - that's people across Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore.
    Credit card company gladly refunded the money today
    phew!
    So the end this is what happened:
    1) I purchased the membership April 2011 for Sideburn
    2) Despite repeated emails I never was sent a toy nor was I sent a tracking number
    3) I ordered Overrun and received it yesterday
    4) At same time of ordering (a few months back) my bank said their was a fradulant claim.
    5) Received my figures
    6) Received my refund