Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TakaraTomy TF Prime Deluxe and Voyager Arms Microns images

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Haha, too right! Reckon he'll have some kind of sticker for his face? Would be cool if they gave you a few different choices, or even randomised the stickers so you don't know which face you'll get! Ahh, I'm dreaming now I think.
    That's certainly a possiblity ; though I think it might be seen as a little too difficult for younger kids but also if one was to lose the stickers (Or get the figure wet) then the toy would end up faceless and whilst that would make him more accurate than MOTUC's version of The Faceless One , I think marketing would likely nix it for that fact.

It's interesting isn't it, there are definitely pluses and minuses with both the Takara and Hasbro Prime toys. I think no matter which way you go, you're gonna get some awesome toys! Go for the cleaner looking, slightly more detailed (?) Hasbro releases with more standard weapons or go for the arguably more fun Takara releases with stickers, Minicons and Minicon ports. I love how they're both quite different as it gives collectors more choice and reason to invest in both releases.
    That's a very good way of putting it and it certainly does give a reason to consider picking up one or the other or even both, depending on how the stickers are tackled it could also play into the hands of older G1 collectors who like that sort of thing too; we'll have to wait for some 'in-hand' pics I reckon but Ireally want to know what's going on with Soundwave!

I can't get past the peg posts, I enjoy Pokeminicons but not enough to buy the Takara Prime toys. If they release the minis seperate I'd look at getting them. What size is the Starscream pictures as I much prefer the Hasbro one over that one as far as colouring goes.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    hat size is the Starscream pictures as I much prefer the Hasbro one over that one as far as colouring goes.
    Masterpiece? It's the new Masterpiece Seeker mould - slightly different to the old mould (which was probably falling apart after so many redecos.)

Rather, it was the original Masterpiece Starscream design before Kawamori asked for changes to make the plane more realistically streamlined and the robot mode more Macross-y. I believe he said he would have gone further if it wouldn't have significantly altered Starscream's robot mode.

I'm not sure what to think of making a Skywarp out of Prime Starscream. Prime Starscream's one of those *very* character-infused designs we've seen in recent years (the sort of thing TakaraTomy designers mention as being an American design style, and said that Japanese designers tend to make a base robot on which equipment is added onto them). Assuming this Skywarp toy is meant to be a dimwitted thug like G1 Skywarp, he would probably benefit from a beefier design, like Skyquake.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

It isn't clear WHERE to pre-order Optimus AM to get the Firebolt mini-con. Or is that the one that ships with him? I'm preordered for HLJ, but it certainly didn't mention a preorder bonus.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Er, Takara! What has happened to you!
    I love the Micron idea, and its cerntinally interesting that you have ditched the regular Hasbro weapons for another Transforming part in the toyline .. but why did you have to ruin perfectly ok alt molds with those extra ports randomly added to the toy.

ARGH

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Er, Takara! What has happened to you!
    I love the Micron idea, and its cerntinally interesting that you have ditched the regular Hasbro weapons for another Transforming part in the toyline .. but why did you have to ruin perfectly ok alt molds with those extra ports randomly added to the toy.

ARGH
    It would appear that a lot of people aren't happy about it! I remember looking at my 9 Arms Micron pre-orders on HLJ a few weeks back, at least 4 of which had the status Order Stop. Looking today, only 1 shows this status (Knockout) so I'm assuming there's been quite a few pre-order cancellations.

Images of the green JP Micron "Vector Oracle" can be seen here, using the Classicverse Nightstick gun. People had to spend 3000 yen at JP TRU stores to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Images of the green JP Micron "Vector Oracle" can be seen here, using the Classicverse Nightstick gun. People had to spend 3000 yen at JP TRU stores to get it.
    That green is entrancing... I'm not in the slightest bit interested in it but my eyes love looking at it for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    That green is entrancing... I'm not in the slightest bit interested in it but my eyes love looking at it for some reason.
    It's a Lolly