Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2012 Hall of Fame awards has begun

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Yes, except other than BW Megatron it's not individual Transformers who are nominated - it's their names. The Bumblebee in the hall of fame is G1, Movie and Animated Bumblebee. Those aren't the same character. People are nominating 'Prowl'. There are like... twelve different Prowls, some of which exist in the same universe as each other. People are nominating 'Scourge'. That means they're nominating a hovercraft, a truck, a three-headed dragon and a locust. It doesn't make sense! (Head explodes.)
    Yeah, if the HOF had been consistent in identifying individual characters despite the sharing of names, then I would understand. However this is not the case here, there is no consistency aside from what appears to be 'whims' of what is perceived as 'cool' which kind of degrades the character selection process.

I agree, BW Megatron is an awesome character that deserves to be individually acknowledged and separately celebrated from his G1 namesake but the inconsistent way that the HOF works makes it too confusing and degrades the entry. There are already people out there asking why Megatron is in it 'again' as the assumption was that it was a celebration of the character name rather than the individual character.

Looks like I know who I'll be voting for come the time when the international community is recognised, That is of course if he is supported by the other fan sites

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    TFW2005 has chosen Megatron...yesss.

And on a not-entirely unrelated note...http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-2...homper/3860604
    Awesome and even more awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah, if the HOF had been consistent in identifying individual characters despite the sharing of names, then I would understand. However this is not the case here, there is no consistency aside from what appears to be 'whims' of what is perceived as 'cool' which kind of degrades the character selection process.

I agree, BW Megatron is an awesome character that deserves to be individually acknowledged and separately celebrated from his G1 namesake but the inconsistent way that the HOF works makes it too confusing and degrades the entry. There are already people out there asking why Megatron is in it 'again' as the assumption was that it was a celebration of the character name rather than the individual character.
    Honestly, I don't see where they've been inconsistent but regardless, most of the negative comments coming in against BW Megatron (Not that I'm referring to anyone here) are purely based on the fact that another BW character has likely made it to the Hasbro short-list and that a ratio of 2 BW characters to 10 G1 characters already being inducted is 'clearly' way too in favour of Beast Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Looks like I know who I'll be voting for come the time when the international community is recognised, That is of course if he is supported by the other fan sites
    Hells yeah; BW Megatron all the way baby!
    Once the list goes up, I'll be making daily reminders here for people to vote; people are going to hate me until the end of Botcon this year.

So a couple Top 5's sent to Hasbro gives us an idea of who's going to end up on the short-list for voting later this month...

TFW2005
    1: Beast Wars Megatron,
    2: Swindle
    3: Wheeljack
    4: Arcee
    5: Minerva

Seibertron
    #1 - BEAST WARS MEGATRON
    #2 - ARCEE
    #3 - DEVASTATOR
    #4 - UNICRON
    #5 - PROWL

Looks like BW Megatron and Arcee are early front-runners... but if the last couple years are anything to go by, we may see a third straight year of a Beast Wars fan-voted character (and with David Kaye at BotCon this year, it would be perfect timing too).
    It'll give more weight to Hasbro deciding to do some Beast-themed TFs in the near future (as suggested last year at BotCon).

Indeed Griffin; according to TFW's main post on the matter, the various sites are looking like this at present:

TFW2005.com:
    1. BW Megatron
    2. Swindle
    3. Wheeljack
    4. Arcee
    5. Minerva

Seibertron.com:
    1. BW Megatron
    2. Arcee
    3. Devastator
    4. Unicron
    5. Prowl

Cybertron.ca:
    1. Swindle
    2. BW Megatron
    3. Minerva
    4. Wheeljack
    5. Devastator

TFwiki.com:
    1. BW Megatron
    2. Arcee
    3. Sky-Byte
    4. Bulkhead
    5. Rattrap

Unicron.com:
    1. BW Megatron
    2. Rodimus
    3. Arcee
    4. Wheeljack
    5. Swindle

Tformers.com:
    1. Rodimus
    2. Devestator
    3. Wheeljack, BW Megatron, Omega Supreme, Prowl, Rattrap
    4. Arcee, Bulkhead, Ultra Magnus, Unicron
    5. Hot Shot, Galvatron, Cyclonus

Some sites were far better organised than others (Looks at TFwiki and Tformers ); but it's looking like a rather interesting list thus far, with the following seeming to be the top contenders (Pending Hasbro's End-Approval):
    • BW Megatron
    • Arcee
    • Swindle
    • Wheeljack
    • Devastator

The one that I think is going to be rather curious is Devastator; Does Hasbro consider just the Devastator character, the 6 individual Constructicons or is he/they vetoed?

Hasbro's nominations are up so I started a new 'news' thread here: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=13140