Page 17 of 183 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222737 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I tend to agree ; When 5FDP mentioned the 'Arms Micron' line's numeric descriptors though, I'll admit I have no idea who corresponds to AM-01, 02, 03 etc.
    Yeah I have no idea either but that's because I'm not into the Prime line. If I was I'd probably have a good idea what the were. If I really wanted to know I'd google them.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Yeah I have no idea either but that's because I'm not into the Prime line. If I was I'd probably have a good idea what the were. If I really wanted to know I'd google them.
    True, very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    This is my point though. I actually collect the Decepticon Arms Microns and I have no idea what their numbers are, because they're meaningless. Nobody should have to Google numbers just to know what someone is talking about. Using numbers instead of words is just lazy and uncommunicative.

I agree. I don't know most MP or AM or any other line numbers off by heart. I don't mind the numbers being used in conjunction with the names, as it can help differentiate them, like if you say "MP01 Convoy" as opposed to "MP10 Convoy" -- and personally I would know who MP01 and MP10 are on their own, but I wouldn't know the MP codes for most of my other Masterpieces. When I tell people that I have the Japanese MP Thundercracker, I just say that I have the Japanese or TakaraTOMY MP Thundercracker. I honestly could _not_ tell you what the number of that toy would be without looking it up. Ditto Grimlock and Rodimus etc. Heck, I don't even know what MP Lambor's number is off the top of my head. Many G1 reissues have numbers too... yet I haven't seen anyone refer to them by numbers. :/

boo!!! The rereleased FE Optimus from BBTS looks like this:

(image from tfw2005 boards)

Compared with this:

(image link)

That... is kinda disappointing as it ruins the truck mode, at least it's hidden in robot. Still... the brown is a very ugly colour and what a way to cut costs... (mine's not the only way that has this unpainted panel)
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I agree. I don't know most MP or AM or any other line numbers off by heart. I don't mind the numbers being used in conjunction with the names, as it can help differentiate them, like if you say "MP01 Convoy" as opposed to "MP10 Convoy" -- and personally I would know who MP01 and MP10 are on their own, but I wouldn't know the MP codes for most of my other Masterpieces. When I tell people that I have the Japanese MP Thundercracker, I just say that I have the Japanese or TakaraTOMY MP Thundercracker. I honestly could _not_ tell you what the number of that toy would be without looking it up. Ditto Grimlock and Rodimus etc. Heck, I don't even know what MP Lambor's number is off the top of my head. Many G1 reissues have numbers too... yet I haven't seen anyone refer to them by numbers. :/
    Same, i collect all of the metioned lines but find myself having to look up these numbers all the time (i thought it was just me and didnt wanna look dumb) so yeah my opinion is that is very frustrating and makes it hard for some of us to keep up (especially the AM's as there are so many now)

Quote Originally Posted by christalcase View Post

Compared with this:

(image link)

That... is kinda disappointing as it ruins the truck mode, at least it's hidden in robot. Still... the brown is a very ugly colour and what a way to cut costs... (mine's not the only way that has this unpainted panel)
    Wow, looks like they completely forgot to add the red to that panel before putting it together...

Quote Originally Posted by christalcase View Post

Compared with this:

(image link)

yeah, I've been loking at that all week trying to decide if I'm going to pull the trigger. the initial release first editions are still too expensive on Evilbay.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    yeah, I've been loking at that all week trying to decide if I'm going to pull the trigger. the initial release first editions are still too expensive on Evilbay.
    Yeah, and because of this paint change the initial batch will probably keep their value. I think if you're going to get this to display in robot mode then get the re-released version, since it's unnoticeable in robot.

Seriously though, who thought it was a good idea to just not paint this section?! Completely ruins the truck mode
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

I don't get why everyone likes die cast on there figures and any new stuff is rated if it has die cast or not, I for one am happy that die cast isn't used anymore as it can weigh the figure down and the paint chips easier....