Page 42 of 183 FirstFirst ... 223237383940414243444546475262 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    This one should still work - custservau@Hasbro.com
    Cheers mate, my energy is lacking tonight but my indignant ire will no doubt resurface tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I was thinking - how many of you would complain if I went and used the email database on here to send out a message about saving a burger store from closing down near me by encouraging patronage... even to those who aren't even local enough to do it? That would be such an unethical abuse of my resources and power, for mere personal gain on my part (so that I could keep getting burgers from that HYPOTHETICAL store).

Years ago I came back from overseas and went to an accountant in Reservior - Melb, to get my taxes done. I stressed to the girl behind the counter that I wanted my 'UK Earnings' tax return done, NOT my Australian ones. She said she understood, despite her very poor english. When I came back she had done my AUSSIE tax with my UK earnings and I suddenly owed $700!

Anyway (and we are getting to how this relates to the TFCC thing), I complained to the head accountant about it, who proceeded to tell me they didn't do UK tax returns. I got quite irate and told them they better bloody learn because thats what I had come in for and thats what the girl said they would do and subsequently stuffed up to my financial detriment. So they did them, though I still ended up paying more tax then I should of.

3 weeks later I get a phone call from a financial consulting firm. They informed me that they would like to set up a meeting with me. When I asked why and how they knew who I was they informed me that my accountant had given (in other words SOLD) them my details.

It's a complete breach of trust and a completely unethical when companies and businesses use your personal information for their own unrelated agendas or financial gain And needless to say never give your email to any company these days in the hopes of winning something (like I did when I went with my wife to a bridal expo) because they will flog it and your junkmail will be bursting by the following week

They monitor their twitter account. Well enough to be smart arses about their toys to me

Gawd, my hatred for the club right now is still high, just sent them a tweet, although their account has been relatively quiet for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    And needless to say never give your email to any company these days in the hopes of winning something (like I did when I went with my wife to a bridal expo) because they will flog it and your junkmail will be bursting by the following week
    That's why i have a spam attracting fake email for that sorta stuff. Rarely check it though, so um, what's the point I think sometimes

Bugger the club... bring back robot points!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Oh god, the logistics of that whole process these days would have SO many people at Hasbro scratching their heads!
    (That said, it'd be pretty cool though )

I'd support that.

My vent (related to the above), why do Takara boxes have robot points, but there is nothing tto do with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Do it dude!

The levels of contempt shown towards its membership is ridiculous and trust me, if Twitter is anything to go by, you're not alone in your feelings of having your "Supposedly Secure" details being abused like this.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if the Theatre is owned by one of Savage's relatives...
    I had my CC details stolen twice within a couple of months when I was a member! Their knee jerk reaction when dozens of members begun complaining was to blame us, their customers!

Then they finally acknowledged it after more and more people fell victim to their poor security.

The Club is one of the worse crapfests ever. The fact that it's "official" further makes me think that the 'official seal' has no value whatsoever when it comes to quality or service.

Reading over their Privacy Statement can create a few loopholes in their favour (the bit about relevant announcements), but when you join an organisation or mailing list, it should be mailouts that are relevant to the reason for joining (in this case, Transformers or the Club itself), not relevant to the owner (a theatre near him).

But it looks like he's done this before, in 2006 with a "chain letter" email supporting American troops. Either I didn't notice it, forgot about it, or it was only sent out to American members. If the latter, this theatre email should also have only been sent out to people in the nearby area of the theatre... not everyone in the world.

Gah! I just got exposed to a possible AoE spoiler by someone on FB who's new to Transformers collecting... but still... surely not simply throwing spoilers at people (unless you know they don't mind) is just common courtesy.

Can't... unread... I'm gonna have to try to keep my mind off it...

Gah! I just got exposed to a possible AoE spoiler by someone on FB who's new to Transformers collecting... but still... surely not simply throwing spoilers at people (unless you know they don't mind) is just common courtesy.

Can't... unread... I'm gonna have to try to keep my mind off it...
    How big of a spoiler was it? I think people are getting over sensitive to "spoilers", I mean is knowing that The Dinobots are major characters really something to get upset over especially when they are all over the AOE packaging? I couldn't care less and I'm sick of having to tiptoe around it.