Page 41 of 183 FirstFirst ... 213136373839404142434445465161 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermot View Post
    Maybe I used some bad examples. A better comparison would have been Transformers at full price whilst other toy lines are heavily discounted (e.g. Octonauts 30% off, Iron Man & TMNT 1/2 price).
    The IM3 stuff has been clogging shelves badly at my work. TMNT sells really well so I wonder why that would be half price.

I got this email from The Transformers Collectors Club:

This is not something that I have ever done before but I know that many of you are involved in crowd sourcing/crowd funding needs and projects.

So here's the story:

As a family, each year we vist a small town in Colorado: Pagosa Springs. You have probably never heard of it is it is in the southwest corner of Colorado near Durango.

I just found out that the movie studios are discontinuing all distribution of films and are going totally digital in the near future. I have always loved historic theaters and there is a small one in this town that is running a crowd sourcing drive to replace the theatre's old 35MM projector with new digital equipment.

So, if these guys can't meet their crowd sourcing goal in the next week, it looks like this almost 100 year old theater will shut down. So far, doesn't look like they are going to make it... if you are interested in this type of thing please vist this link.

http://communityfunded.com/projects/...rty-theatre-2/

If not, please pardon the email.

Thanks!

Brian

Sadly, this does not speak to me of a person caring about theater, it speaks to me of unprofessionalism and the fact that the few people that actually run TCC just use it any way they see fit, to the point they will use it to further their own agendas.

"I know a lot of you are involved in crowd sourcing" - HOW does he know that? Has he surveyed their subscribers? I had never even heard of crowd sourcing. Also it speaks to how little they regard their international clientele, as I doubt many Aussie collectors are worried about some little theater in the USA.

Very tempted to write them an email, saying that I did not appreciate receiving this communique, and that they should stick to the actual topic of TF's. But lets face it, it will accomplish naught - maybe I should write Hasbro instead.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Sadly, this does not speak to me of a person caring about theater, it speaks to me of unprofessionalism and the fact that the few people that actually run TCC just use it any way they see fit, to the point they will use it to further their own agendas.

"I know a lot of you are interested in crowd sourcing" - HOW does he know that? Has he surveyed their subscribers? I had never even heard of crowd sourcing. Also it speaks to how little they regard their international clientele, as I doubt many Aussie collectors are worried about some little theater in the USA.

Very tempted to write them an email, saying that I did not appreciate receiving this communique, and that they should stick to the actual topic of TF's. But lets face it, it will accomplish naught - maybe I should write Hasbro instead.
    Do it dude!

The levels of contempt shown towards its membership is ridiculous and trust me, if Twitter is anything to go by, you're not alone in your feelings of having your "Supposedly Secure" details being abused like this.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if the Theatre is owned by one of Savage's relatives...
    Last edited by Hursticon; 12th January 2014 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Too many "Dude"s.

But lets face it, it will accomplish naught - maybe I should write Hasbro instead.
    Definitely. What a #$(*ing joke. They've been 'crowdsourcing' tens of thousands of dollars from us for years by overcharging on postage. Why don't they just give that to the theatre and shove their irrelevant and unprofessional emails where Sunstreaker doesn't shine.

That's very unprofessional, and I doubt Hasbro would actually be too impressed, since they are using their Hasbro license (representing Hasbro and it's Brands, to be the face of Hasbro in a public environment)... to be abusing their access to people like that.

That's nothing more than spamming people with unrelated information. All they should be authorised to "spam" us with is news and information directly pertaining to their club and conventions.... and their frequent screwups.

Hopefully this prompts Hasbro to revoke their license, as they were already on their radar for bringing the brand negative publicity (from their handling of the Transformers Brand). Chasing up FunPub (a GIJoe club) for the TFs license should only have ever been a temporary measure to keep BotCon going... Hasbro should have kept looking for a worthy, respectful organisation or business to sign up later.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Do it dude!

The levels of contempt shown towards its membership is ridiculous and trust me, if Twitter is anything to go by, you're not alone in your feelings of having your "Supposedly Secure" details being abused like this.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if the Theatre is owned by one of Savage's relatives...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Definitely. What a #$(*ing joke. They've been 'crowdsourcing' tens of thousands of dollars from us for years by overcharging on postage. Why don't they just give that to the theatre and shove their irrelevant and unprofessional emails where Sunstreaker doesn't shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's very unprofessional, and I doubt Hasbro would actually be too impressed, since they are using their Hasbro license (representing Hasbro and it's Brands, to be the face of Hasbro in a public environment)... to be abusing their access to people like that.

That's nothing more than spamming people with unrelated information. All they should be authorised to "spam" us with is news and information directly pertaining to their club and conventions.... and their frequent screwups.

Hopefully this prompts Hasbro to revoke their license, as they were already on their radar for bringing the brand negative publicity (from their handling of the Transformers Brand). Chasing up FunPub (a GIJoe club) for the TFs license should only have ever been a temporary measure to keep BotCon going... Hasbro should have kept looking for a worthy, respectful organisation or business to sign up later.
    I've yet to find the relevant department of Hasbro online to complain too. All I can find is something on the Hasbro Online Shop, and even then you have to have an account and log in before you can send a message. If anyone knows where to write an email to let me know, or otherwise you can of course send one yourself

I was thinking - how many of you would complain if I went and used the email database on here to send out a message about saving a burger store from closing down near me by encouraging patronage... even to those who aren't even local enough to do it? That would be such an unethical abuse of my resources and power, for mere personal gain on my part (so that I could keep getting burgers from that HYPOTHETICAL store).

I was hoping that this was a fake email done fraudulently by someone else, leading to a scam address, which would get them sympathy instead of condemnation... but it seems that it is indeed from Brian.

This is indeed a new low for FunPub. After all the credit card issues (that they refused to take responsibility for), the outdated procedures they use for registering to the club and registering to the convention, and the focus on selling toys... why is he so oblivious to what he is doing to his own image?

(and worst case scenario - what happens if Hasbro do take away the license before this year's convention, and the event is cancelled... after people have paid for non-refundable airfares and accommodation)

I've yet to find the relevant department of Hasbro online to complain too. All I can find is something on the Hasbro Online Shop, and even then you have to have an account and log in before you can send a message. If anyone knows where to write an email to let me know, or otherwise you can of course send one yourself
    Even if you can send a message to Hasbro America, it automatically gets forwarded to the local office.

So, email the local office, clearly stating that you are a member of the INTERNATIONAL Transformers fanclub, and that you want it forwarded to the applicable people in America.

At least, that's what I'll be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Even if you can send a message to Hasbro America, it automatically gets forwarded to the local office.

So, email the local office, clearly stating that you are a member of the INTERNATIONAL Transformers fanclub, and that you want it forwarded to the applicable people in America.

At least, that's what I'll be doing.
    Got an address? The most I can find is complaints about 'toys purchased in Australia' . That's if I don't want to make an account with their American branch

And in the meantime I will complain on the TFCC Facebook page
    (Ah, it says on their page they do not monitor it - what a surprise )

This one should still work - custservau@Hasbro.com