Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TFPrime Swerve toy announced.

Well, thanks to both TFW2005 and The Allspark - We're all wrong.

Enter TF:Prime Swerve.
    The Allspark has posted that the Kanji for AM-17's name is スワーブ, which translates as Swerve, not Swoop. We can verify that this is the case - AM-17 will be a Voyager Class Autobot Swerve, not Swoop.

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    i guess we will have to wait and see :P
    well said me :P
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

That makes a bit more sense really. I'd just figured they were shoehorning the WFC Dinos into Arms Micron.

Though スワーブ is katakana, not kanji.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    At the moment, this is just a Japanese Prime Arms Micron toy named Swoop. That doesn't mean they've gone to any lengths to make it a Dinobot any more than Prime Arms Micron Soundwave was a cassette player. There is a toy coming up called Deadend who looks like this:

A name is just a name.

They should call that repaint Chop Shop because he looks like he is made up of about 6 different cars.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

It could end up just being the Japanese name for Breakdown... which we know is coming to Voyager class. They haven't got to the first episode with him in it, so I'm not sure if we know his Japanese name yet (or if Breakdown has been listed on JP pre-order lists either).

They've been pretty good with using Hasbro names in recent years, but we do have the odd one changed for no reason...

They are now reporting that it was a mistranslation. it is actually swerve

スワープ = Suwaapu or "Swarp" -> Swoop
    スワーブ = Suwaabu or "Swarb" -> Swerve
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It could end up just being the Japanese name for Breakdown... which we know is coming to Voyager class. They haven't got to the first episode with him in it, so I'm not sure if we know his Japanese name yet (or if Breakdown has been listed on JP pre-order lists either).
    Except it's Autobot Swerve, Griff. I suspect you're right that it will be the Voyager Breakdown mould though, redecoed in red.

Except it's Autobot Swerve, Griff. I suspect you're right that it will be the Voyager Breakdown mould though, redecoed in red.
    Possibly with a new head sculpt, as that seems to be a common theme with what we've seen thus far with future planned releases.
    (You win this round Gadget! )

Kapow Toys (the quoted source of Seibertron, Allspark & TFW's news postings) - does not say "Autobot" anywhere.
    Katakana listed on Kapow - does not include the "Autobot/Cybertron" prefix
    Allspark - does not add "Autobot" to the name.
    Seibertron - does not add "Autobot" to the name.

Planet Iacon on Facebook - adds "Autobot", but no source is quoted. I doubt that they are an original source, as they are a Singapore site, not a JP site... so probably got the info from Kapow as well and just assumed it, because "Swoop" is a character that should be an Autobot.
    TFW - adds "Autobot" to the name because of Planet Iacon, but doesn't quote them as a news source in their news posting.

Soooo, unless an "original" source comes out and says "Autobot Swerve/Swoop", I'm just suggesting that it could be either... and since our listing does already have Voyager Breakdown being listed as AM-12, this Voyager could indeed be a new mould that we don't yet know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    To go to such lengths in bringing the Dinobots back from extinction, it's a concept I highly doubt HasTak would simply relegate to repaints; that being said I'll happily eat crow should this indeed come to pass.
    Um, when were the Dinobots "extinct" ? Between the original set and now we've had a Classic Pretender Dinobot, Action Master Dinobots, Classic Dinobots, G2 Dinobots, BW Grimlock, the Beast Machines-era Dinobots, Universe Dinobots, the Energon Dinobots, an Alternator Dinobot, Classics Dinobots, Animated Dinobots, Robot Heroes Dinobots, Titanium Dinobots, a Masterpiece Dinobot, and the Powercore Dinobots.