Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Podcasts do you listen to?

Default What Podcasts do you listen to?

What podcasts do you listen to? Ever since getting a better internet plan I've found myself listening to podcasts more than I watch TV.

As of far, the 3 podcasts I follow are:

- Hamish and Andy
    - The Yogspod
    - Mega64 Podcast (for free entertainment they offer more than a hundred hours of free VIDEO entertainment, but lately their fame has gotten to their heads and now they have massive egos)

Actually, the only one I listen to is WTF@TFW and it's splinter show, WTF@TFW: Primetime.
    I find both shows to be thoroughly entertaining, thanks in large part to Vangelus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Actually, the only one I listen to is WTF@TFW and it's splinter show, WTF@TFW: Primetime.
    I find both shows to be thoroughly entertaining, thanks in large part to Vangelus.
    I wouldn't be surprised if I find myself downloading both of those entire shows next week when my net comes back!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if I find myself downloading both of those entire shows next week when my net comes back!
    You'll enjoy them man, aside from Vangelus they rotate the roster and occasionally get special guests on the show like Derrick Wyatt.
    It's broken up into regular segments and what I really like is that they don't just sit there and spend the whole show ragging on things and venting the typical fandom crap, if you know what I mean.

Hamish & Andy - The 2 best media entertainers currently in the game.

Nerdzilla - Nerd news and flame wars. Only found it a few months ago but it's great. Highly recommended.

Astronomy Cast - If you like the universe and the science behind it, listen to this.

Nightlife - The most interesting show on ABC radio (next is Conversations). The only problem is it's on at 10:00 weeknights so I listen to the podcast instead.

Currently enjoying TOFOP with Wil Anderson and Charlie Clausen. Turned out to be a bit geekier than I expected, and very funny and random, so I went back to the beginning and am catching up.

And the show finished a while ago but I still enjoy relistening to the Get This podcasts, Tony Martin and Ed Kavalee's radio show. It's particularly movie and tv geeky (you could almost say this is dizzy stuff). And an added bonus, the TFTM (1986) soundtrack is used in a couple of skits.

Highway to Helms....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

ESPN: Baseball Today. (comes out 5 days a week and is generally an hour long. I listen to a couple a week)

Geekcast Radio: All things Transformers (lately has been a bit sporadic but I enjoy their opinions, they tend to ignore anything that's not prime related as of late. I think they might be getting a little jaded.)

Radio Free Cybertron (probably the most professional, if you want you can get it as video. Late last year they had a regular guest who had too much opinion on everything and he was rarely positive, he's not on there at the moment and the show is a lot better for it. Sometimes they can be a bit negative but overall very enjoyable and you can count on them being not much longer than an hour.0

Seibertron.com Twincast (the place to go for quality Optimus Prime impersonations. They seem to worry too much about the franchise as though they can make a difference to it but otherwise they often have some very entertaining discussion.)

TFWire (used to be a great weekly podcast but stopprd at #200, the original host has done a couple solo recordings since but it's a bit dreary listening to just one voice for an hour. He still has some interesting views though. He stopped at 200 because he felt he was becoming addicted to Transformers collecting and had to go cold turkey.)

Transformation Animation (a subpodcast of the Geekcast radio, they review the entire Transformers animated series 3 episodes at a time, quite entertaining. They have a special guest at the end of each episode who is watching the entire series for the first time which gives a good juxtaposition against the main cast who have seen the whole thing at least once before)

WTF@TFW
    WTF@TFW Primetime These two have already been covered by husrty, they are generally pretty good though I find Vangelus to be a bit of an attention whore. they also discuss stuff to the bone which sometimes goes on a bit too far and causes their podcasts to drag out for over 2 hours most of the time. their "wht we got this week" segment provides very good in depth reviews of current purchases, transformers and otherwise. )

The Seibertron podcast mentioned a new podcast starting up called G-one-ers or something, I haven't been able to locate it yet but it is supposed to be targeted more towards the more "mature" (by which I mean "seasoned" (by which I mean old)) fan.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Radio Free Cybertron (probably the most professional, if you want you can get it as video. Late last year they had a regular guest who had too much opinion on everything and he was rarely positive, he's not on there at the moment and the show is a lot better for it. Sometimes they can be a bit negative but overall very enjoyable and you can count on them being not much longer than an hour.0
    That's the only Podcast I listen to on a regular basis (got an older episode of their comic book show entitled Fanboy Versus on even as I type).

As for the guest cast, you're probably referring to Ender.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Agnew View Post
    That's the only Podcast I listen to on a regular basis (got an older episode of their comic book show entitled Fanboy Versus on even as I type).

As for the guest cast, you're probably referring to Ender.
    that's the one. he can be funny, but it just became too much
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)