Thread: To register or not to register??

Default To register or not to register??

With registration for Aust post now costing $3.80 or something, should you get it with posting?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    With registration for Aust post now costing $3.80 or something, should you get it with posting?
    If i'm buying or selling anything over $50 I usually do. Ebay sellers should really insist on it, but people are cheap and many don't understand it costs extra to register and will leave negs/neutrals over such amounts as the registered cost is not shown on the postage label.

My wife works for Aust post and she always says that if you Don't register Post it and it gets lost it is very hard to recover any cost from Aust post, where as if you Do register post you are covered up to $100 of the value of what you have sent and on the plus side you can track the parcel and see if it has arrived at it's destination. The extra $3.20 for registered post is worth it especially if your parcel is like skullcruncher said over the $50 value mark or some thing that you cannot replace that easily. Just depends on what you are sending and how much it is worth to you, I try to register if I can but if it is a small parcel I'm sending I usually just send it unregistered. Plus I think it goes on weight as well? Not to sure about that will check with the wife on that one.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

The question I ask myself when considering registered post as an option is:

"How would I feel if the parcel was lost and not recoverable at all?"

I've found Australia post to be very reliable over all, I generally don't worry about it, especially if I'm using a postpak box, as it's very well set up for their systems, when not using a postpak box I try to emulate it's layout and ensure that everything is clear, legible and highly water resistant. I've not lost a parcel yet.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I will just about always use registered post, It just gives me a little more peace of mind

Like many others, I do prefer having things sent via Registered postage ($3.20 additional fee) purely for peace of mind & the fact that it creates a paper trail ; Simple regular post often means that if something goes missing in the mail (Which isn't unlikely with AusPost) then you're basically stuffed.