Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KO Abominous alert

Default KO Abominous alert

I'm just going to link to the image, rather than providing a direct link to the site. If you're curious enough and savvy, you'd be able to find it anyway, but per the board's policy on not actively promoting toys that infringe on Has/Tak IP I won't provide the hyperlink

The combiner Abominous is being listed for preorder on various stores. I'm not sure whether these are just stock photos of someone's loose collection, or the final product. But if you start to see many loose but complete pieces of this combiner team on ebay, consider yourself forewarned
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Thanks for the heads up.

Are there any identification guides?

Oh man, I am so friggin' glad that I managed to complete my own (Sans a couple of the 'limbs' guns) before this bull-crap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Are there any identification guides?
    Won't know until it is released, for people to do up a guide to spot the fakes.

Well it's good to see that the production of KO's has slowed since the supposed shut-down of KOToys
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Well it's good to see that the production of KO's has slowed since the supposed shut-down of KOToys
    Yeah, I dont know why they keep making combiners - I mean they don't sell for that much (160-200) and the prices for g1 transformers has dropped considerably in the last 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    he produced zero KO's
    he just sold them

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    he produced zero KO's
    he just sold them
    Good point, but I think he was referring to KOToys as their primary method of distribution. It drove sales of KO, and there are now relatively few places to obtain them now. It might just change their business model and viability of future releases.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

To be fair, KO Toys was never deceptive in the stock they sold as all KOs were clearly labeled as such. The buyer always knew what he was purchasing.

I don't think KOToys was never any significant distribution point of KOs. Ebay has always been the main distributor and on top of that, the KO sellers there are far less scrupulous in their item description often referring to them as 'reissues' or as 'G1' with an actual intent of deceiving the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Good point, but I think he was referring to KOToys as their primary method of distribution. It drove sales of KO, and there are now relatively few places to obtain them now. It might just change their business model and viability of future releases.
    That's exactly what I was referring to It was also a bit of a 'tongue-in-cheek' statement
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]