Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TheHeretic's Reprolabels-Shapeways showcase

Default TheHeretic's Reprolabels-Shapeways showcase

Just a thread where I can show off my Reprolabels and Shapeways additions. I've been meaning to do this for a while and haven't had a lot of time to apply or put together or paint or take photo's of, BUT finally here is the begining. Still using a "point and shoot" camera so sorry if it's not perfect :-)

Lets start with TF:Prime RiD Knockout
    *I've purchased a set of body works tools from shapeways and then painted them to suit. However I used the wrong material and they have come out a little rough/grainy.
    *Also applied is a reprolabels set. Had a bit of trouble applying these ones. for some reason I couldn't get them all perfectly flat on Knockout.

And here's a teaser for my next figure...

Also not sure if this is in the correct area as in is intended to show the original figure and 3rd party accessories, so feel free to move the thread if required. Any photography tips are appreciated besides "get a DSLR"

Yeah, since it is featuring the unauthorised stuff, not the toy(s), I've moved this here.

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    Also not sure if this is in the correct area as in is intended to show the original figure and 3rd party accessories, so feel free to move the thread if required. Any photography tips are appreciated besides "get a DSLR"
    Perhaps some more macro shots of the finished Shapeways items to do them some more justice? Especially where they attach onto the official product.

Some really nice shots you've got and the background does a lot to make it look professional

Ooh! - Well done man, the Reprolabels & Shapeways products really show the potential of what could've been if HasTak were able to do such things!

Here's a few more of Knockout's kit compared to the original parts

Shoulders

Staff/spear/thingy

Covers gap in sides of bot mode

Drill

Gear Shredder/buzz saw

And now for Megatron. He has a new Fusion cannon from fakebusker83's shapeways store that I've painted roughly show accurate and he is also sporting some reprolabels bling

compare the pair

fitted to alt mode

And bot mode. Stickers make for super fun happy time...

Just like my camera, point and shoot

The blade can also fold backwards which we saw during alt mode but I probably could have done a picture here for

Dont point that thing at me!

It's all laughs until someone gets their planet destroyed

Don't just stand there!

This shows off how well it fits on his arm

And after the weekend we will look at the sticker set for Mr.Happy

Those Shapeways add ons look amazing. I was on the fence about ordering some shapeways, but after seeing your end results I'm going to give it a try.

What paint product did you use there? I've read guides on painting using products available in the US, but I presume you bought this local, no?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Those Shapeways add ons look amazing. I was on the fence about ordering some shapeways, but after seeing your end results I'm going to give it a try.

What paint product did you use there? I've read guides on painting using products available in the US, but I presume you bought this local, no?
    I've used those warhammer (citadel?) paints. They are water based and just easy to use on these. They soak the paint up but if you get a good brush it isnt too hard to get nice detail on them. I have had mixed results with shapeways but it may have been because I used the material "white strong and flexible" when I should have used "white detail" or atleast the polished white strong and flexible. Most turned out okay but the Arcee pistols turned out very poorly. I'm going to use them to experiment with paints and see if I can get a smoother finish. I also have a cliffjumpers guns in the same material to paint and a heap more in ultra detail and detail. Just need more time to paint.

Alright so I got busy last week buying a new car and getting my nerf guns ready for next weekends Humans Vs Zombies in Melbourne. Anyway... As promised, Mr.Grumpy AKA Ratchet and his new stickers. This set is really good, it adds so much detail to the character, especially vehicle mode. ENJOY!

His blades look so good!

Come at me BRO!

So good it's killing him(self)

Get ready!

Dayum!