Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
For me, I definitely remember Web World, as it has left some kind of imprinted thought that Galvatron would become Megatron again when he turned white/grey.
Where he would finally wake up from a really long and horrible nightmare?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
You would have been so boss watching web world as a kid. I thought that he was becoming Megatron again.

If you set aside your love for Megatron, which is understandable (who doesn't love guns and robots?!), you may be able to see that Galvatron is really his own character and the only thing relating him to Megatron in any way is his origin, which doesn't change much, as he is practically completely different /unique in terms of mind.
I would treat Galvatron as a different character, if you wanted to appreciate him more.
But I don't know how to put aside my love for Megatron... I haven't seen Seasons 3 or 4 of G1 yet. They're next on my 'to watch' list. I'm not really looking forward to them, but I agree with what you said; Galvatron should be treated as a totally separate character (gladly in some official continuities he actually is!), that way it will make those seasons more bearable for me to watch.

Btw, Cybertron was the first Transformers series I ever watched, and Cybertron Megatron was the first Megatron I ever knew about. I would wake up really early every Saturday morning (I think it was) just to watch that show.