Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
Beast Wars was the best animated Transformers series we will ever have, but it was also a great era for toys, particularly the first couple of years of the US line and the unique Japanese lines. Also, this was time after G2 when Transformers finally seemed to be truly dead - I can still remember my heart skipping while reading an issue of Previews in the mid-nineties which showed the upcoming Kenner toyline of Basics and Deluxes. I even named myself after my favourite Beast Wars toy/character, but (off the top of my head) other awesome figures from the line included Blackarachnia/Tarantulas, Silverbolt, Transmetal Rattrap, Basic Megatron, Transmetal 2 Megatron, Tigerhawk, Orcanoch, Inferno, Dinobot, Rhinox, Mega Optimus Primal, Drancron, Elphaorpha, Scorponok/Sandstorm, Survive/Polar Claw, Dead End, Magmatron, Archadis, Killer Punch, Longrack, Corahda, Heinlad, Apache/B'Boom, Magnaboss, Hellscream, Max-B, Dirgegun, Thrustol, Poison Bite, Icebird and Rātorāta/Injector (yes). There were also crap toys like Transmetal Cheetor, Depth Charge and the entire Transmetal 2 line with the exception of the Ultras. But it was truly a renaissance for Transformers when most of the toys were fantastic - something that couldn't be said of the subsequent Beast Machines line or Transformers today.
Depth Charge!! Some TM2 were ok.

Tidbit: Correct if wrong. Scorponok was meant to be sandstorms colours but something happened in the model process for the TV show. Same with Grizzly Bearbarian and Polar Claw concerning a colour switch.

Scorponok/Polar Claw = normal toys
Sandstorm/Grizzly Bearbarian = Botcon toys
Doublepunch/Survive = Japan toys