View Poll Results: JP MP-23 Exhaust - worth buying?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 73.68%
  • Only if...

3 15.79%
  • Not worth it

0 0%
  • I'm not even interested

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP MP-23 Masterpiece Exhaust

Default Toy Review - JP MP-23 Masterpiece Exhaust

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to start you off)

Series - Masterpiece
    Sub-line - none
    Size/class - n/a
    New/remould/redeco - redeco Wheeljack with new head and accessories
    Wave - n/a (MP-23)
    Released here - not here (released in Japan March 2015)
    Approximate Retail Price - 7000yen (about AU$80)
    Approximate Size - 16cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Race car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Homage to pre-Transformers toy, Immobiliser from cartoon, tobacco flavoured, licensed race sponsorship labels.
    Main Colours - Red, white, black, blue.
    Main Accessories - Two missiles, two launchers, gun, immobiliser.

Original Wheeljack review topic here.

Wheeljack was awesome, so given all of the controversy surrounding I cant wait.

Just got the bill from ehobbybaseshop for this guy (and if I recall correctly you recommended them Griffin ) as well as Star Sabre so hoping mine will be in the post soon.

Same as my opinion on Masterpiece Star Saber.

A great figure this one. Having loved Wheeljack, I knew what I was in for in robot and vehicle mode. I was a tad bummed at the change in deco, but having him in hand, Decided that it still looks damn sexy!

The bio is great, and a nice tongue in cheek addition. I also dig how he's kinda James Bond and has a "Gadget gun". Can it do everything? HELL YEAH! (in my head anyway, sleeping gas, laser cutting, anything). I also like that essentially, what is likely to have become an E-hobby exclusive has made a general release. More of this please TT

I hope that like Drift and Slipstream, that Exhaust gets adopted into the Transformers universe and carries on being dodgy.

Also, seriously awesome character card art!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post

The bio is great, and a nice tongue in cheek addition. I also dig how he's kinda James Bond and has a "Gadget gun". Can it do everything? HELL YEAH! (in my head anyway, sleeping gas, laser cutting, anything). I also like that essentially, what is likely to have become an E-hobby exclusive has made a general release. More of this please TT

I hope that like Drift and Slipstream, that Exhaust gets adopted into the Transformers universe and carries on being dodgy.

Also, seriously awesome character card art!
    Tetsuwan Convoy if you don't mind can you please translated his bio for us...

i like him how he's a bright fluro red ... the change doesn't bother me at all ...also they actually did the bio picture with the changes , so i don't feel the need to repaint him at all....his face from the test shoot i didn't really like but in hand it look good and suits him ....

With mine the Lancia on the right side is half shaded...is that meant to be like that??... it look like them western font but teh other side is fully shaded in ,....

some comparison shots...

Quote @Hursticon: "Sure was a long, smooth flight from HobbyLink Japan to Australia; time to draw in this bright, addictive afternoon"...

This guy looks amazing and is surprisingly more individual in comparison to Wheeljack than one might expect, given that he's literally a slight retool/repaint.

As a Vehicle, he looks bloody cool, as a Bot he looks badass as all hell.

Quite curiously, his shoulder tolerances are exactly the same as my Wheeljack, in that their Left shoulders are SUPER tight and their Right Elbows are (Oddly enough) just slightly less taught than the aforementioned shoulders - Weirdly, they've ended up more identical than I expected them to be in this regard.

Might add some more photos at a later point, but if you're wondering if I recommend this bloke? - Yes, yes I do, as a Diaclone homage & adaptation this is one Decepticon Car one should definitely own.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to resist taking a comparison shot between Exhaust and Impactor Logia from Gransazer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    That shot is gold. He should be on a horse and wearing a stetson