Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: JP MP and Encore updates

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I was reading the MP speculation thread on TFW last week and someone there came up with a theory that Mirage will be the next announced MP figure.

The reasoning is something like this:

Takara-Tomy has been uploading G1 episodes to it's youtube page periodically. The episodes are generally in order except for a few episodes that are out of order - generally featuring a character with an MP figure about to be released.

The out of order episodes are:
    • A Plague of Insecticons (Sideswipe)
    • Auto-bop (Soundwave vs Blaster)
    • Auto Beserk (Red Alert)
    • Roll For It (Prowl and Bluestreak)

A new out of order episode, Traitor, was recently uploaded which features Mirage, suggesting that he will be the next MP.

It's an interesting theory and, unlike most of the speculation going around, it's at least based on facts rather than rumour. See the link above for the full post.

^ That's right, I remember reading that. If they do, they should totally make him so he splits in half at the waist as a homage to the G1 toy
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    ^ That's right, I remember reading that. If they do, they should totally make him so he splits in half at the waist as a homage to the G1 toy
    And the front half of his feet should fall off.
    The only problem I ever had with my mirage, one of the tabs holding one of the spoiler halves in place broke.

a masterpiece F1 Mirage of the same quality as the last few Masterpiece designs would be exquisite.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    And the front half of his feet should fall off.
    The only problem I ever had with my mirage, one of the tabs holding one of the spoiler halves in place broke.
    Yep. Both halves of mine were damaged straight out of the box.

My Mirage is alright, except the nose section is loose and hangs down.

If one wants to start collecting the MP line, would it be easy to buy misb tfs in a few months time of the older ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    If one wants to start collecting the MP line, would it be easy to buy misb tfs in a few months time of the older ones?
    I suggest to buy it as quick as possible...because MP line mostly go up in age ..and also with the new one coming out in the next few months it will generate more interest again in the MP line which send the demand of the old one up...

most MP lines tend to hold their pricing except for MP Rodimus/ Sunstorm - MP Rodimus due to QC issues and the issue in Hasbro version...

MP Sunstorm is due to too many repaint of "Starscream"

the most popular now is MP Lambor... many retailers were surprised that the pricing has gone up (from pre-order pricing) even the MP Buzzsaw/ Ravage/ Rumble/ Frenzy too... considering that this is not the first time the cassettes been produced!

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Apparently in a recent JP magazine, there are some interesting bits of info about the future of Masterpiece and Encore.
    This is ALL extremely great news to hear & I hope it's a continuing trend ; I bet there were some seriously nervous nights at Takara leading up to the release of Encore Fort Max and how well their projections would pan out , the largest figure ever to be reissued (See what I did there? ) going over SO well surely must mean that some of the other larger & more limited (RE: Japanese ) G1 figures would be worth considering huh?...
    • Scorponok
    • Overlord
    • Black Zarak
    • Victory Saber
    • Trypticon
    • Dugbase
    • Liokaiser
    • Deszaras

I don't know about you guys, but there is only 1 figure out of that list which I own - How about you?

Also, seeing the Masterpiece line is going over equally well is superb - I really-REALLY hope that Volkswagon comes around on the Beetle & Porsche 911 IPs, then we can move onto more interesting G1 Autobot vehicles like Hound, Mirage, Ratchet, Ironhide & HUFFER!!!

VW licenceing would be great

They've got Nissan onboard, so there's a potential 4 repaints of the Onebox Vanette if they decide to:

Ironhide
    Ratchet
    Diaclone Ironhide &
    Rescue Ratchet. (Green)

If they're using the Lambor mold to produce Tigetrack, the last two aren't entirely out of the equation.