Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TF Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Can you provide a link for us lazy ppl...
    Section 18 of the Board rules state that Members here have to search themselves. There's only 3 or 4 key words in the title, so searching is quite quick.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Board rules state that Members here have to search themselves. There's only 3 or 4 key words in the title, so searching is quite quick.
    I did try that but I couldn't find it...

Then people need to PM someone who has access to it, as the board rules recommend.

It sounds like the October 4th "version" on the HUB channel may just be this version, as it is stated as being 90 minutes, which is the extra time for commercials. A 22 minute show becomes 30 minutes on TV, which makes this 66 minute "movie" pad out to 90 minutes when it airs.

It sounds like someone has gotten their hands on a copy of the DVD, possibly at the source or on its way to stores... which is likely to get someone into a lot of trouble if they get tracked down.

If there really is a 2 hour version, it may just be a DVD with extra features that totals 2 hours, as I fear that this may just be it for the finale of TFPrime.

Saying that, some thoughts...
    It was a shame to not see Soundwave or Airachnid, as they are loose ends. And with the Beast Hunters comic being axed after 8 issues, we aren't likely to see a resolution to them now either.
    Shockwave looked to have died by the "Terrorcons" (Starscream called the zombie Predacons by that name), but later showed up with minimal damage... and then disappears. Another loose end.
    Starscream is presumed to have been destroyed, but as with anything in TFs, if it isn't seen on screen, it didn't happen. Another loose end.
    Megatron suddenly turning his back on his life long purpose just because he had a small taste of his own medicine? Not likely. That sort of thing would just anger a bully if they never had any element of compassion or empathy to begin with.
    Predaking, Dark Steel and Skylynx are still alive and loose. More loose ends.
    Unicron is still alive, trapped in a bottle somewhere, waiting to be let loose again in the future... another big loose end, or at least, a future plot device.

So we have most of the Decepticons and the Predacons still running around, with a weakend Autobot squad to do much about it. Plenty of material for a new show (if one were to follow this universe), but unless the spark of Optimus was reborn into a new body (the brightest spark at the end), it will be difficult to launch a series without an Optimus.

No kids or humans was a surprise. Not even a compilation flashback. Probably cheaper this way, as reusing old footage would still require royalties to be paid to each voice actor.

Michael Ironside was way underused... but he is probably the most expensive voice actor on that episode. After his battle in the first ten minutes, I don't think Ultra Magnus says another word for the rest of the movie. Even at the end when he is standing there fully functional and everyone else is saying stuff.

Being a finale, I was really expecting someone or several main cast members being killed off, being a finale or just for the "tragic" element, but in the end it was just Optimus... and he didn't really die anyway - not in a traditional sense.

The start was a bit slow, but the story keep me watching right to the end. The visuals were a bit bland though. It's been the theme of this whole series, the lack of vibrant colours, but it could have been worked in more in this climactic "movie" story.

I was waiting the whole episode to hear Unicron and Megatron have the 1986 Movie exchange (you belong to me now - I belong to no one), but it didn't happen.
    They threw in Gen1 concepts of Darkmount and the Smelting Pit, and the more recent Movie concept of The Allspark, but no homage to the first time Unicron revived and upgraded Megatron.

I didn't feel this was "epic" enough to be a climactic finale movie, and some finale multi-part cartoon episodes felt more epic (like during Beast Wars)... so as much as it was worth watching, I felt that the multitude of loose ends made me feel like it should have been, could have been, a lot better.

So now that it's ended, what's the next series to air?

First of all there should be SPOILERS in the title so........
    SPOILERS
    SPOILERS
    SPOILERS
    SPOILERS
    SPOILERS
    This raises more questions than it answers. To be honest it's something I didn't really enjoy, it was all happening too fast. Knockout was hilarious as always, Smokescreen got a taste of his own medicine. I wish there was a bigger final battle though it was too short and left me with so many questions like:
    What happened to Shockwave?
    What happened to Starscream?
    Where did Megatron go?
    What is Cybertron like now when the allspark was returned.
    It's sad to know that we are never going to know what happened to Soundwave. Deadlock was more of a finale, i'll just call Predacons rising a bonus movie not the finale to the Prime series. I would have really liked an extra 5-10mins to show then on Cybertron after Optimus sacrificed himself.

Well, "Transformers: Prime, Beast Hunters - Predacons Rising" sure was a thing, good... but not great.

Momentary flickers of series past, but in the end just another soulless run full of missed opportunities <- The unfortunate hallmark of Transformers: Prime's 2nd & 3rd seasons.
    When this series started, it shone with such brilliant potential visually & narratively, but by the end of the 1st season's concluding 3 part-er... It just felt that either the passion had had a lid put on it or corporate thought bubbles had begun to nestle.

A somewhat expected but disappointing end to a series that so often seemed to do just that, I'm now looking to what's next on the horizon for Transformers as a weekly cartoon...

P.S. I don't think I'm going to miss this series, save for a handful of characterisations; Megatron, Soundwave, Knockout, Arcee & Ratchet are/were the only standouts for me, everything else (Story, characters, name drops etc.) just all kind of feels "meh" and that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    First of all there should be SPOILERS in the title so........
    Not in the News and Reviews section, unless it is in a different topic that is referring to something in a future episode/story.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    How are you guys watching this? Cos I preordered this on Amazon and they're telling me that it's not due out until November.
    www.animeflavor.com - it's where ive been watching since TF animated days Gok. 1 day delay from US broadcast - also has a lot of other anime and cartoons - e.g. Avatar: Legend of Korra - which just restarted season 2 btw.

Well this was certainly a fast ending.... at least some more interesting characters get added to the world of TFs - like animated brought us Lugnut, BUlkhead and lockdown while TF prime I believe brings us Knockout, Airachnid ( kay so she's somewhat of a rehash of Blackarachnia - but shes evil thru and thru unlike BA) an awesome Arcee, and Predaking!

I just wish they come out with a box set for both Animated and this series...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I did try that but I couldn't find it...
    I couldn't find it using YouTube's search engine, but I found it easily enough just using Google.