• Only if collecting MP Rainmakers

7 22.58%
  • Only if cheap or something else

6 19.35%
  • Not interested

4 12.90%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Masterpiece Acid Storm

i wish the eyes were more like the first reveal pictures which were a more vibrant acid green

http://tformers.com/transformers-toy...9606/news.html

i might have to wait and see what TT does with their Acid Storm release. hopefully its not a straight import like the original Starscream.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    i wish the eyes were more like the first reveal pictures which were a more vibrant acid green

http://tformers.com/transformers-toy...9606/news.html
    They're exactly the shade of green I would've preferred!
    I certainly see what UltraMarginal & Sinnertwin we're saying (It's helped me to warm up to the optics' current state ) but unless the character specifically calls for it - I hate "Dead-Optic" syndrome on figures.

i might have to wait and see what TT does with their Acid Storm release. hopefully its not a straight import like the original Starscream.
    Acidstorm has caused me to consider bloody Sunstorm now... Argh!

Well...

Thanks to KalEl posting a pic of his recently acquired Acidstorm via Twitter, I decided to double check my figure with a torch aiming light directly at his eyes...

Turns out I'm more of a tool than I thought as it is indeed the case that his eyes ARE painted; it's just that they're so recessed that, coupled with the angle that light falls in my room, I couldn't see them either in the photos or when I held him right up to my face!

Now, where's that "Dunce" cap...

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I couldn't see them either in the photos or when I held him right up to my face!
    Put your glasses on grandad lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Put your glasses on grandad lol
    They were!

MP Acid Storm's eyes are day glo green like the rest of his body... well mine does... also kinda emo looking with the black eyeliner look

So your Acid Storm doesn't have green eyes Hursty or is it just dull that the shadows cover it easy on the shots you took?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Photo of the box and contents, for anyone wanting to make sure they got everything...

Has a green pilot, clear stand, black base-plate, two missile pods (which are kinda useless on this version with the redesigned arm guns), a tiny gun clip (also useless since this version doesn't come with a mini-Megatron)... and the toy itself.

This guy...he's like a wannabe kreo/lego.

Right wing likes to pop off during transformation and left tail wing doesn't like to stay on!

His colour scheme is awesome though. I love this mould. Would love to get skywarp to complete the TC/SS/SW set.

I got a few issues with him. I am happy with the now transformed figure but last night I was trying to change him to robot mode and it took forever. Prob about an hour.
    First his legs wouldn't pull down and felt like I was going to break him on numerous occasions and I had to keep reattaching the wings as they kept falling off.
    The fact that they don't have instructions for jet to robot is pretty silly. I don't have any of the other MP seekers but experience is definitely required.
    The so called "hidden pod for missiles" doesn't fit anything in them or have anything in them. The instructions are pretty vague with what everything is for.
    What is the clip/hook for and are the missiles just for show?
    I like the colours and my wife thinks he looks good but he doesn't sit on the stand in jet mode as the hole is too small to clip into.
    I do like him but a few issues with the end result.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    Do you have any info on when the TT Acidstorm release is?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose