Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Metroplex Custom (pic heavy!)

I'm getting very excited to see this. Those teaser images aren't helping my already building anticipation much! The hours until the final reveal are going to be VERY long!

Really looking forward to seeing this too.....

Omg guys it is fantastic.

Big big thanks to M-bot for making this custom and for your hospitality while we put the figure back together.

More teasers to come until the final reveal on Tuesday (hopefully)

A couple of things:

It's done now. Finished, and in Azrael's hands. I am relieved beyond belief.

Metroplex was not, despite my best efforts, ready on time for Azrael's visit to pick him up. Az was understanding and ridiculously patient, despite me really putting him out. It wasn't fair and I'm sorry. I underestimated how long certain final tasks would take. I hope to learn from the experience.

Az wasn't the only one put out, my wife has become something of a "Metroplex widow" for the last 2 weeks (when my work on him went from a little almost everyday to eat-sleep-work-Metroplex), and especially the last few days. She's awesome and deserves better than me.

I take full responsibility and any negative feedback Azrael's sees fit to give is more than likely richly deserved. He requested (more than fairly) for me to keep the final reveal until he has a chance to get home and put something together himself first. I'll put the last few teaser shots up as soon as I can, and the full reveal will come in a few days. Sorry to all who were expecting it tonight.

Argh it's fine dude lol (even though you did try poison us with your Melbourne water )

And as for everyone expecting reveals, I too apologise, but I came up with a great idea that will be fantastic once completed, so bear with us on that.

For the time being, enjoy the few teaser shots we took before boxing him up for transport.

Making us wait!! Nooooo

Totally fine! just adding more tension and anticipation
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

yeah I can't wait to see it as well....! there's always the finally touches that pushes the dead line back!!
    So you know how many hour you put into him? from the quote earlier I think your selling yourself short hey .....

Well bring on the pics!!

Pictures, I'm excited to see the pictures!!

I'm glad you're happy Az.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

All good things come to those who wait.

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    yeah I can't wait to see it as well....! there's always the finally touches that pushes the dead line back!!
    So you know how many hour you put into him? from the quote earlier I think your selling yourself short hey .....

Well bring on the pics!!
    I didn't time it, but put in approximately 40 of the last 50 hours before the handover, and at least 20 hours in the week before that. Many more in the weeks before that too, with a full day's work on him some weekends and on my days off work. Loved every minute of it.

Finishing touches were the absolute killer, and putting him back together afterwards took way longer than I imagined (just ask Azrael!!!). I've learned a good many lessons from this custom. Isn't it always the way? The best lessons are sometimes the hardest to learn.