Thread: New species of animals discovered in Cape Melville range QLD

Default New species of animals discovered in Cape Melville range QLD

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226747869642

thought this was a very interesting read and its nice to know that it was discovered in Australia.

Cape Melville Leaf-tailed Gecko

Blotched Boulder-frog

Cape Melville shadeskink

That's really cool, Geckos are really interesting little critters.

given the camoflage i wonder how many he nearly stood on before he saw one
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

In a way, I'm kind of saddened that it was found in Australia - We've got the disgusting title of the nation/continent with the highest extinction rate, so I can't help but think it'd have a better chance residing elsewhere in the world.

Not wanting to leave this post on a rather depressing note, because this is actually a really wicked piece of news because I love hearing of new species being discovered, I'm really glad it was a reptile and I hope they're able to establish the appropriate measure requires to protect the species.

We find awesome stuff just to loose it

Love to be on the expedition!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    In a way, I'm kind of saddened that it was found in Australia - We've got the disgusting title of the nation/continent with the highest extinction rate, so I can't help but think it'd have a better chance residing elsewhere in the world.
    Really, and there are all these jerks running around, why can't they get extinct instead ei?

@ UM, he might've seen blood flowing from his boots then thought, hmmm somethings amiss here?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I have been somewhere similar called Black Mountain NP which is closer to Cooktown. Hills of giant stones are very tricky and slow to traverse you could never explore them 100%.

Mind you the picture of the Blotched Boulder-frog above looks very similar to the Black Mountain Boulder frog.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

So those new animals: Poison or ground type? What do you think their evolved forms look like? Have I been playing too much Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    So those new animals: Poison or ground type? What do you think their evolved forms look like? Have I been playing too much Pokemon?
    With the bright yellows on that Froggy, I'd certainly consider it of the poisonous type!