Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hotlinking prohibited - How do you insert/attach images here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Hey man, sorry for my attachments in my thread, I was looking at photobucket but opted to just attach pics instead cause it was easier. Anywho, i'll start using photobucket from now on. Once again i'm sorry.
    Don't feel bad. This isn't because of any one person. And there wasn't anything saying you couldn't do it (before this change).

I will change my ways....

Crysteen Guest

Default Inserting Images

How do you insert images?
    I am having difficulties doing so.

Best practise would be to use Photobucket, here's a link to a Youtube instructional too in how to use it & how to insert photos.

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Crysteen View Post
    How do you insert images?
    I am having difficulties doing so.

You need to have your images stored on an image hosting site such as Photobucket, then link to your pic from there using the "Insert Image" icon, which just adds [IMG] www.imagehost.com/yourimage.jpg [/IMG] tags around the link, or copy and paste image link from host site directly.

I think you have to be ranked as a Dedicated Member (rank 5 I think). As a rank 3 - basic member, I can't insert images either. Have a look at Griffin's guide for users

Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
    Upgraded Basic Members after about a 100-200 posts. Increases PM mailbox quota, and is able to upload image attachments.

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I think you have to be ranked as a Dedicated Member (rank 5 I think). As a rank 3 - basic member, I can't insert images either. Have a look at Griffin's guide for users

Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
    Upgraded Basic Members after about a 100-200 posts. Increases PM mailbox quota, and is able to upload image attachments.
    Hi Trev. I could insert images when I was Rank 3, so unless the rules have changed... Though maybe Rank 1's can't. Also image attachments are a different thing.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    To slow down the ever-ballooning storage space on my server, I've had to restrict "image attachments" to Active Members and higher.... which will end up making it a perk to earn here (by being a committed fan here).
    I can't afford to have new people joining up and immediately attaching images that cost me money, when it is supposed to be a feature that is used rarely (as a last resort for important queries, news or sightings), so they should be hosting the images of all other things (like collections) on free-hosting sites and posting them from there.

I'll see how this goes and adjust it if necessary.
    Is there like an OTCA officially recommended photo storage site? I use photobucket at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Is there like an OTCA officially recommended photo storage site? I use photobucket at the moment.
    I would say no. I think most people use photobucket, I do, mainly because it's easy to use.

yup i use the bucket for all my photography and everything
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast