Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61621222324252627 LastLast

Thread: MP Ultra Magnus teaser revealed!!!

A minor thing really... because who's going to display the toy, or play with him showing his backside.

He's certainly not the first Transformers toy or Masterpiece to have kibble "hidden" at the back of the robot mode.

He looks excellent from the front. I don't mind some butt kibble. It's infinitely better then huge back pack kibble (aoe primes bar evasion).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A minor thing really... because who's going to display the toy, or play with him showing his backside.

He's certainly not the first Transformers toy or Masterpiece to have kibble "hidden" at the back of the robot mode.
    We have a very different usage of the work "hidden". That piece will be painted white and immediately visible against any background except white.

Part of what makes the G1 characters iconic is their silhouette, and that butt-flap shouldn't be there.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Are there really that many people who are going to get hung-up over 1-2% of vestigial mass in the Bot mode of this figure? - Try to focus on the rest of the awesome that this figure is doing guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Are there really that many people who are going to get hung-up over 1-2% of vestigial mass in the Bot mode of this figure? - Try to focus on the rest of the awesome that this figure is doing guys.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Now i want a Hulk Hogan themed repaint of UM

It's less about the 1-2% of the mass than it is about the way it looks like it wouldn't be too difficult to hide it.
    It's kind of like the thing that made TFPrime Deluxe Airachnid such a terrible toy (for me) was less about how awful it was - though it was truly woeful - but rather that looking at it you could see how with a few slightly different design choices it could have actually been pretty decent. Or the way that my McFarlane MM6 Alien Queen is a beautiful piece of work as is, but is kind of let down by having fixed closed jaws.

MP UM still looks great so far, don't get me wrong, and thanks to the 6-year-old in me who used to love driving my cousin's G1 Magnus around on the floor I'll pick one up, but it's a bit disappointing to see something that could have been so easily altered to make the robot mode that much more 'toon-accurate.

Similar to what Ode said. They got the other 98-99% right, so why not the last bit? I know there are budget/part constraints, but this is coming from the guys that gave us the rest of the MP line combined...

From MP-10 to 21 this is like a step backwards.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Ooooh, Buttgate!

I hadn't looked too closely until now. I'm with the Buttgate is bad camp, it could be fixed and should be. Small issue but with MP, the line gets the details right. That's whats made everything from MP10 to MP21 awesome.

I still think I'll enjoy the figure quite a lot but that will now gnaw away at me at a design choice that could've been easily made to make it that much better.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection