Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Next two Masterpiece toys for Australia

excellent work Gok, I really think you've knocked this one out of the park.
    my only criticism would be some of your numbers, but if your going for G1 quirkiness they work fine.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    excellent work Gok, I really think you've knocked this one out of the park.
    Thanks. Nice baseball reference too.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    my only criticism would be some of your numbers, but if your going for G1 quirkiness they work fine.
    Do you mean his range, strength, speed etc.? That's directly from G1 canon. Many of the metric conversions come from the original Japanese text in MP10's booklet, and others I went and converted on Google and just rounded it off to make it look neater.
    e.g. Optimus Prime's original TFU bio states that Roller's effective range is 1200 miles, which Google converts as 1931.2128km. The original Japanese booklet states that it's 1900km, but I've rounded it down slightly to 1930km.

Very, very nice bio. Kudos. If a mild thread derail is OK, while I was reading the bio, I (once again) couldn't help thinking how much of a departure the Bay movies were from Prime's character.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I absolutely applaud your efforts with the upcoming Re-Reissue of MP-10 Prime's Bio/Booklet, Goki; Though I am once again taking a Japanese route in sourcing this figure in May and as such will sadly not own a copy of your work, that post alone has completely changed my approach to the toy's acquisition.

You see, I was only looking at getting an MP-10 because I was curious about the mold itself and many had recommended it to me, but that was it - A purchase purely for observational reasons, no more heart put into it than what Shockwave would.

What you've written has now made me look forward to owning an Optimus Prime toy again, not since ROTF Leader Class Prime have I felt that.
    Last edited by Hursticon; 23rd March 2015 at 09:02 PM.

I am humbled by your kind words, gentlemen. m(__)m

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Very, very nice bio. Kudos. If a mild thread derail is OK, while I was reading the bio, I (once again) couldn't help thinking how much of a departure the Bay movies were from Prime's character.
    Peter Cullen agrees!.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    It sickens me how they changed Prime's character so much for the movies. I was in total shock when he killed Sentinel Prime.

Well done on the bio Gok
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    It sickens me how they changed Prime's character so much for the movies. I was in total shock when he killed Sentinel Prime.

Well done on the bio Gok
    I don't mind the Movie Prime. Except for the parts where clearly he was flawed. The Movie Prime provided depth to the character whereas the G1 Primes were faultless to the point that was his fault. For me character needs some of that angry side to do what is right in reality even though it is wrong morally. For him to do that to Sentinel was sad but it needed to be done character wise to uphold their values because if they let that continue it would be them that would be extinct. In AoE when he went on that bender against humans etc shows the years of supression and resentment that has built up becuase of what the humans had done. As that would be what you would of done after that many years. Movie Prime was designed to be human like with all the foibles that comes with being human.

Basically Movie Prime is the leader you will have and the G1 Prime is the leader you all dream to have. Thats how I see their development through out the canon. Even the WFC Prime carries some dark undertones but not dark enough to bring to the level of the Movie Primes. WFC Prime still leans far more to the G1 Prime personality.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I do mind, everything movie is a big lousy development. Other than eating my pop corn, the whole movie has gone steep down hill.

I am still not satisfied that Takara has decided not to paint mp-10 eyes like Hasbro's, this was the minimum that would have actually lift the figure and may even cause previous owners to rebuy another one making more money.

Quote Originally Posted by dsphatlite View Post
    I don't mind the Movie Prime. Except for the parts where clearly he was flawed. The Movie Prime provided depth to the character whereas the G1 Primes were faultless to the point that was his fault. For me character needs some of that angry side to do what is right in reality even though it is wrong morally. For him to do that to Sentinel was sad but it needed to be done character wise to uphold their values because if they let that continue it would be them that would be extinct. In AoE when he went on that bender against humans etc shows the years of supression and resentment that has built up becuase of what the humans had done. As that would be what you would of done after that many years. Movie Prime was designed to be human like with all the foibles that comes with being human.

Basically Movie Prime is the leader you will have and the G1 Prime is the leader you all dream to have. Thats how I see their development through out the canon. Even the WFC Prime carries some dark undertones but not dark enough to bring to the level of the Movie Primes. WFC Prime still leans far more to the G1 Prime personality.
    I can see your point but I respectfully disagree with it.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by dsphatlite View Post

I also disagree, but to avoid derailing this thread, please refer to my comments about the Movieverse Optimus Prime character here