Page 31 of 72 FirstFirst ... 112126272829303132333435364151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

HA I knew he would be the one after. The missing link

I'm glad that BBC made the mini-episode available freely on YouTube with no region locking or anything like that. I was expecting to have to dig around this morning to find a copy.

I liked it in general and look forward to the special.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'm glad that BBC made the mini-episode available freely on YouTube with no region locking or anything like that. I was expecting to have to dig around this morning to find a copy.
    I freaked out initially, as when @BBCDoctorWho tweeted the link it was to the BBC website's "iPlayer" version of the episode - which IS region locked!

I then hurriedly went to YouTube thinking someone would've uploaded it there and that it'd only be a matter of moments before it'd be pulled down , thankfully however , the video I found was a region free upload by BBC themselves - I was really appreciative that they hadn't locked everyone outside of the UK out.

Pfft being capped....#(@^)($#**@#

Anyone reckon the War Doctor will have some tie to the War Lord and War Chief?

The advertisement on the ABC says it will screen (live) at 6.40am Sunday Morning - but check your local listings, as that would be Brisbane time.

Wow... timed perfectly with the ABC's recent repeated run of the new series. After playing all 7 seasons, the last episode should be on Friday... leading into the new episode on Sunday morning. (I just have to make sure I watch them all before Sunday, as I was taping them while away)

I know they have already set the new cast, but there is still that warped part of me that wants to see Vinnie Jones play the Doctor. Just to watch all the aliens tiptoeing around because they are afraid the doctor is going to smack the in the mouth. Or else John Cleese for the most sarcastic and humerous Doctor ever

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The advertisement on the ABC says it will screen (live) at 6.40am Sunday Morning - but check your local listings, as that would be Brisbane time.
    Griffin, double check because it looks like you saw the VIC/NSW ad maybe (shake first at the national broadcaster!). If you get up at 6:40 you'll have missed 50 minutes of it, according to the ABC website:

ABC1 will join more than 75 countries around the globe to simultaneously broadcast the highly anticipated television event. The Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special THE DAY OF THE DOCTOR will screen in Australia on ABC1 at 6.50am AEDT, 5.50am QLD time, 5.20am NT, 6.20am SA, 3.50am WA. It will also be repeated at 7.30pm.
    http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/do...of-the-doctor/

Thanks for pointing that out.
    I had it recorded, so just rechecked it - and I didn't notice that it said AEDT, which is the daylight saving time... so they are just using the one ad for the east coast, and hoping that people in Brisbane notice and realise the different time here. I guess it shows just how "live" it is, if it has different start times in each time-zone.

It's also worth noting though, there is an encore later that night though at 7.30pm (in every timezone).

Go play the Doctor Who game on Google today (thanks KillinSpoon)