Page 187 of 211 FirstFirst ... 167177182183184185186187188189190191192197207 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2103

Thread: Non-toy Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    the tomb look good.... how is it? is there lots of stories in there? And also how the stories them self ...i never actually read any of his books at all...
    Cheers!

It does look good doesn't it? - The ad said that it was a Hardcover & Leather-bound Edition, so at $30 (23% off thanks to a "Halloween Sale") I just couldn't turn it down.

Much like yourself, I've never read any of H.P. Lovecraft's work either but have heard the name & seen numerous references to it throughout my life, in various forms of media.
    So I thought it was high-time that I take a look into the Lovecraftian world and this particular volume seems to present a good serving of tales, as it collects, amongst other things, all of the original Cthulu stories!

It's the concept of the "Old Ones" or "The Old Gods" that have courted my curiosity the most with Lovecraft (Along with my deep affinity for the Supernatural, Mythological, Occult & Horror) and is the main driving factor of this purchase.

In all it seems to collect 37, or so, of the stories that Lovecraft published through the various Sci-fi magazines of his day - I can't wait to start delving through them so once I have I might follow this post up with a bit of an update.

Awesome Hursticon, as a kid in primary school when goosebumps were huge, I had collected every book. Until one day I decided to offload them to a mate (who I don't see any more) after I read all of them. I loved the covers on their book and preferred the choose your own adventure stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Awesome Hursticon, as a kid in primary school when goosebumps were huge, I had collected every book. Until one day I decided to offload them to a mate (who I don't see any more) after I read all of them. I loved the covers on their book and preferred the choose your own adventure stories.
    Hehe ,

Yeah, I used to borrow many of them to read from a friend, only had a couple myself, but never really did read every single one - You're dead-right about the covers though as they were a major draw factor for me also.

The "You choose the scare" style books were certainly an interesting twist, at least that's what I thought back in the day , I only think I read a couple of those - I sort of preferred the normal style more.

The Amazon itme s thread has helped me in my search for good value baseball gear.

some slinky shorts, brand new baseball cleats(though buy the time of this photo they have already seen a game, not quite as shiny as they were the day before) baseball pants and a pair of sliders. all shipped for about $190 when the shoes alone would have easily cost that much here.

for anyone wondering what makes baseball cleats special:

My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Eastbay just had a sale last week. 20%off or something Don't know if it'll be cheaper than amazon though

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Got my Neodrop today!!

Very cool little toy.

It was a Kickstarter thing. A friend and I both ordered them. I got lucky and got a good unit, his isn't as high on the QC chain.

There's no point in me posting photos of it, as they don't really show what'd cool about it.

Check out the vid in the link to see it in action. (It's under 2min).

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ofluid-display

Very pleased with it, and it matches my coffee table perfectly, which is always a plus.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Got my Neodrop today!!

Very cool little toy.

It was a Kickstarter thing. A friend and I both ordered them. I got lucky and got a good unit, his isn't as high on the QC chain.

There's no point in me posting photos of it, as they don't really show what'd cool about it.

Very pleased with it, and it matches my coffee table perfectly, which is always a plus.
    hey that pretty cool... must be a great stress relief

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Got my Neodrop today!!

Very cool little toy.

Iron filings in water. Cool idea.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It's quite fun.

Mine is great. My friend was not so lucky. But even though his is a dud, he's still really happy with it considering it was only $30.

And it's a nice bonus that it complements my coffee table perfectly.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

that really is a cool concept. very tempted to get one of my own.

what is it about your friends that's not quite up to scratch?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)