Page 326 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 306316321322323324325326327328329330331336346 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 10411

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Shimmer

I thought thats what the shimmer was until I re-read "bullets" and at the end Skyfall commits suicide by drinking a green "shimmering" liquid.

Can someone help me understand?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Spoilers for the Last Stand of the Wreckers trade Skyfall drinks Ironfist's sample of Gideons Glue which kills him. That weapon it turns out is a shimmering green liquid. The others in this story who see the Shimmer are seeing Springers holographic invitation to join the Wreckers. Flattop freaked at the shimmering green image because he was a post-traumatic stress victim of Gideons Glue. So basically there are two shimmering green things that both tend to lead to death to those who see them.

I thought so... Cheers for clearing that up Paul
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Spoilers for the Last Stand of the Wreckers trade Skyfall drinks Ironfist's sample of Gideons Glue which kills him. That weapon it turns out is a shimmering green liquid. The others in this story who see the Shimmer are seeing Springers holographic invitation to join the Wreckers. Flattop freaked at the shimmering green image because he was a post-traumatic stress victim of Gideons Glue. So basically there are two shimmering green things that both tend to lead to death to those who see them.
    So this is additional stuff in the trade that wasn't in the regular comic? EVIL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    In the G1 cartoon, is there any explanation of why the Autobots are called autobots? (you know, how like Movie Prime says it comes from 'Autonomous robots etc')
    I'm sure I remember hearing it being mentioned at some point, but for the life of me I can't remember where i.e. Season/Episode/Situation.
    Sorry dude, that's basically no help at all huh?

It actually bugged me to hear in the TF-Prime cartoon, Optimus trying to explain their name like in the 2007 movie. It doesn't need to be explained, and it sounded like the cartoon was stealing material from the 2007 movie... which was written by the same people anyway, making it repetitious of them (like the speeches by Optimus, especially the one at the end - very movie like).

Tf Prime has that "i'm going to make a eulogy speech to kill the mood and get everyone in sleep mode" feel to him, hope they improve the character along the way in the series - he's just boring as. TFA has more character as far as Ive seen.

As for Tets question beats the pus outta me

But in the first 3 part Episode MTMTE though, Prime just tells Spike and Sparkplug - "We are Autobots, those that attacked you are called Decepticons, yadayadayada" - he didnt elaborate why...

IMHO I guess coz in the first series most of the Autobots are cars so us kids (back then) didnt bother asking , yeah they're cars so Autos = Autobots, Decepticons = kids couldnt care as long as they have a name for what they call "the enemy"... then as the cartoon progressed things got blurry as new in between altmode characters were introduced - Skyfire is an autobot plane, dinobots, stunticons etc - by then us kids ( back then) got used to the faction names we dont bother pigeonholing that autobots should be cars alone etc.... we've come to terms that the Autobots/Decepticons are faction names and not because of they more generalized transformed alt mode. Again this is just my humble opinion....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

In 1984 Hasbro did intentionally want all the cars to be the good guys and all the bad guys to be machines for war (e.g. gun, jets) or espionage (microcassettes, microcassette recorder). So according to this theme, Marvel would have created the names Autobots and Decepticons.

We had a similar thing with Beast Wars too - in the beginning Hasbro/Kenner wanted the good guys to be 'warm bloods' and the bad guys to be 'cold bloods.' That's why, with the sole exception of Dinobot, all the first year Maximals were mammals and all the Predacons were dinosaurs, bugs, reptiles and other such "creepy" animals.