Page 350 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 330340345346347348349350351352353354355360370 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    That's stupid that law is stupid makes it stupid.
    If you don't like the law, complain to your local state member, however, they usually don't listen to such incoherent babble. But you never know, it is QLD, they may be used to such idiocy in in the sunshine state.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    So i know the legal stuff when it comes to owning and importing masterpiece megatron. My question is this: is it legal to import the MP-5 upgrade kit? I did a search but couldn't find anything so any help or direction appreciated.
    It changes from state to state, but in NSW it is illegal to import firearm accessories such as stocks and silencers.

Scopes, for whatever reason, are legal. But that part comes with MP-5 by default anyway.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Is there a feedback thread for (what I think) is the new kinda mobile app for the site?

Was bored at the pub earlier and jumped on to OTCA and was happily surprised

Thanks for that. Didn't want to import it only to have it seized by customs.

It is stupid unfortunately it's the law. There must be some reason for it, even if the replica gun he transforms into is larger then life.
    Maybe one day the law will change. After all; How many people who own him legally display him in alternate mode?

Thanks for that. Didn't want to import it only to have it seized by customs.

It is stupid unfortunately it's the law. There must be some reason for it, even if the replica gun he transforms into is larger then life.
    Maybe one day the law will change. After all; How many people who own him legally display him in alternate mode?
    I hear you dude, as I also considered the upgrade kit to MP-05 as it came highly recommended by a couple of members but, as it stands, that will have to wait until the law changes...
    Those who maybe have 2, like Tiby, do indeed have him displayed in Alt mode and it's impressive - Albeit completely out of scale with human hands!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    I thought it wasn't illegal but there's a strict process into obtaining it with customs. I know a friend who imported one but he spent two months trying to convince Customs (completing a heap of forms) it was a transforming toy, this was around when the 2007 movie had just come out and not everyone was familiar with it yet. Customs apparently when finding the toy tried to inspect the gun mechanism itself only to find a bundled heap of arms and legs and a head they could not put back together and had to call him in to do it
    As others have said, it varies in different states and territories.

NSW: Prohibited. You can legally own a gun TF with a permit (which comes with certain requirements, like safe storage).
    Victoria: Illegal.
    Queensland: Illegal.
    South Australia: Illegal to import, but legal to own!
    Western Australia: Legal!
    Tasmania: Unknown.
    Australian Capital Territory: Illegal.
    Northern Territory: Unknown.

On an unrelated topic does anyone know the names of robots who will star in DOTM? I like my movieverse to be movie accurate eg cast members only and in the past have picked up toys that are not in the movie. I'd like to avoid that this time. To keep from posting spoilers for others it may be best to PM me these if possible.
    There's a thread here where anyone can post the names of character-toys appearing in the movie. Cos I'd really like to know too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Albeit completely out of scale with human hands!
    I used to believe that too until Tiby told me about the time he went into some vault where the police have all these confiscated/detained firearms and they showed him a real-life gun that was the same size and shape as MP Megatron. It wasn't a Walther P38, but to the average person if you flashed MP Megs at them in gun mode it could look real to them.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    On a similar line of thought, is there a good resourse online that details KO's of G1 toys.
    I was at the parra fair the other day and had some figures pointed out as KO, and looking at the box, I could not have told any difference. I'll be going to Botcon and I want to be sure that i can tell if something I'm keen on is a KO or not.

Cheers
    Our list should cover most...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I used to believe that too until Tiby told me about the time he went into some vault where the police have all these confiscated/detained firearms and they showed him a real-life gun that was the same size and shape as MP Megatron. It wasn't a Walther P38, but to the average person if you flashed MP Megs at them in gun mode it could look real to them.
    Yeah, I've no doubt that there would be a firearm that would look similar in real life and yeah, if you flashed MP-05 around publicly it isn't too far of a stretch to imagine people thinking it's real.
    Mind you I reckon one would be crazy to run around with an MP-05 in the public in the first place.
    If you don't mind me asking dude, where'd you pick up your locking glass case?

Currently in QLD, according to the Weapons Act 1990, replica firearms (specifically, 'blank-fire firearms')are classed as Category H weapons, and you can get a permit for owning them, and a (separate) permit for purchasing them. I'm still working out the details of what the permit process is and how much it costs.
    But without a permit, owning a Category H weapon can get you up to 7 years in prison, or up to 10 years if you have more than 10.

If the replica weapon is used to cause 'alarm', the penalty is up to 2 years in prison.
    And carrying one in public can attract up to 3 months imprisonment, if it can be shown that the way it was displayed could cause a reasonable person concern about being threatened or harmed.

People supplying Category H weapons also need a permit, or else the penalties are even greater.

And owners of Category H weapons need to have them stored in a certain secure manner/premises, similar to the NSW requirements.

It might suck having these laws now, but blame it on the thugs who use replica/toy guns to rob people and stores. If they were just used by kids as toys, we wouldn't now have a problem owning them, or admitting that we own them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    It changes from state to state, but in NSW it is illegal to import firearm accessories such as stocks and silencers.

Scopes, for whatever reason, are legal. But that part comes with MP-5 by default anyway.
    can i just say i love having a lawyer on the boards