Page 357 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 337347352353354355356357358359360361362367377 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Cool. Might wait then - love the review, but I still don't think he's worth paying $125+ for one prior to retail launch.
    Exactly why I'm waiting until they hit shelves dude.
    The crazy bastards buying those stolen deluxes at circa $200 are quote: Overruns!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Exactly why I'm waiting until they hit shelves dude.
    The crazy bastards buying those stolen deluxes at circa $200 are quote: Overruns!
    Lol... yeah, but there's a few MISB Sentinel Primes already listed on eBay from fairly reputable sellers for about $125.

I just don't want to grab one and not have a receipt to return it if it's faulty (such is my faith in the current quality control at HasTak )

I just don't want to grab one and not have a receipt to return it if it's faulty (such is my faith in the current quality control at HasTak )
    Understandably man, some things like missing feet are purely inexcusable.

Cool. Might wait then - love the review, but I still don't think he's worth paying $125+ for one prior to retail launch.
    I thought toys weren't meant to be sold prior to the retail launch date. Hasbro (and I'm sure other toy manufacturers) print the trade embargo date on the outside of cases instructing retailers not to sell the toys until the embargo date.

I remember when the Revenge of the Sith toys came out, this retailer I knew had them in his store well in advance and he showed them to us, but of course, he wasn't allowed to actually sell them until the embargo date. So he organised a private Revenge of the Sith party in his store on the evening of the day before, so when the clock hit midnight he could sell them to us!! I remember going in and we all placed dibs on what toys we wanted... then we played Star Wars Miniatures for the next couple of hours till 00:00 -- then presto! Money was exchanged and cards were opened!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I thought toys weren't meant to be sold prior to the retail launch date.
    Everything has a price Gok... even toys.

Anything can be bought prior to release 'at the right price'.

Everything has a price Gok... even toys.

Anything can be bought prior to release 'at the right price'.
    Exactly this.

There is one particular Ebay dealer in HK that claims to already have Leader Sentinel and Bumblebee for under US$100 each shipped... and we've seen a Walmart in America already putting some Legends figures out on shelves (which would have left Asia 6-8 weeks ago) - so it is possible.

Seeing as I didn't really pay any attention to the toys from the 1st Movie and ROTF, just curious what RRP was for a Leader Class toy at launch?

I seem to recall $100?
    For the first movie, Leader toyswere on sale the week the movie came out for somewhere between $70-$85 dollars. In fact most of the movie toys were on sale at that time.

For ROTF I'm not sure if the same thing happened as I already had the whole first wave of toys from BotCon.

I've been trying to send a fax to tf collectors club with my details like they asked and everytime I try it comes up with the number I entered being wrong.

This is what I enter, 0015 to open the line for international faxes. 01 for America the country it's going to and then 817-448-9843 the fax number they gave me.

Am I doing something wrong? I emailed them to double check that the number is correct and it is, I also tried 0011 to dial for international faxes because the lady at the post office said it was that number and not 0015 but that didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    I've been trying to send a fax to tf collectors club with my details like they asked and everytime I try it comes up with the number I entered being wrong.

This is what I enter, 0015 to open the line for international faxes. 01 for America the country it's going to and then 817-448-9843 the fax number they gave me.

Am I doing something wrong? I emailed them to double check that the number is correct and it is, I also tried 0011 to dial for international faxes because the lady at the post office said it was that number and not 0015 but that didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    I'm pretty sure you don't need to send them your details just for membership. I haven't yet, and I'm getting membership emails.

I was planning on scanning the documents and sending them a pdf of the scan. the only Fax machine I have ready access to is at work and I don't thinik they'll be particulrly impressed if I send one international. I'd suggest emailing them and asking if a pdf would be satisfactory.