Page 430 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 410420425426427428429430431432433434435440450 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    You actually made me want to roll up my swag and go to Illawarra for a walk-about
    Oh mate, unless you like corrupt councils and high unemployment?...
    You're much better off visiting Bartrim and The_Damned's neck of the woods (South Coast); it's vastly better to look at and has just about as much shopping variety as the Illawarra.

Yeah I didn't know they can do preorder until today. Was on the lookout for liege so I told them about; they say if you live interstate you can definitely use their preorder and mail services. I thought I've grabbed a copy of their brochure but I can't find it anywhere at the moment

Yeah maybe ring them up or email. Or if you can wait, I can go there again and ask them for details but probably won't be till next week coz I'm tangling with my exam at this moment
    Cheers for the info Arcee, I'll make some inquiries and I'll post my findings but if getting someone to grab them for me and posting them ends up being the easier option?; I'll let you know.

On a random note I went to Melb a few years back and stumbled across this store. Do they still sell G1's?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Is there a local online retailer that member's use to purchase comics?, living in the Illawarra; my only Brick 'n' Mortar options are at least a 90min drive away.

I'm looking to grab IDW's MTMTE and RID when they're released in January and would like to have a little retail knowledge before going into it.
    (I don't want to wait for a TPB to be released, otherwise I'd just go via Book Depository )
    also in the matrix resource is the Kings comics website, they have a very good shop, and like Arcee, I've never shopped from them online but they do have a fairly extensive onlne site, they have previously also informed me that if they don't have something in stock the best way to get hold of it is through their online store as it also orders directly form their distributors if it's available. I have no idea what their postage charges are like.

You could try Comic Kingdom too but I've never been overly impressed with their shop and their website was woefully unkept last time I visitied it. You might also consider Phantom Zone, you could visit that shop when you come up to the parra fair, pick up an standing order every few months.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    also in the matrix resource is the Kings comics website, they have a very good shop, and like Arcee, I've never shopped from them online but they do have a fairly extensive onlne site, they have previously also informed me that if they don't have something in stock the best way to get hold of it is through their online store as it also orders directly form their distributors if it's available. I have no idea what their postage charges are like.

You could try Comic Kingdom too but I've never been overly impressed with their shop and their website was woefully unkept last time I visitied it. You might also consider Phantom Zone, you could visit that shop when you come up to the parra fair, pick up an standing order every few months.
    Ah yes, I've heard quite a bit of positive things come out of Kings Comics; cheers UlatrMarginal , they're a little closer too so I'll have a look-see there as well.
    (Good point with regards to the Parra Fair and Phantom Zone )

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post
    On a random note I went to Melb a few years back and stumbled across this store. Do they still sell G1's?
    Do you mean the original Marvel issues? They do but obviously only a few left in stock and will only get fewer.

Their have all the TP (IDW and some Dreamwave) and the newest ongoing issues on the shelf. Then there's this separate stack that collects all the random single trades: Marvel, Dreamwave, earlier ongoings, movies, some G.I.Joe crossovers. All bits and pieces, you won't be able to find anything complete in that stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post
    I think he means the toys, and yes they still have some G1 TF toys but mostly reissues/encore and some newer things. (Plus some KOs in this display [not for sale] cabinets).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I think he means the toys, and yes they still have some G1 TF toys but mostly reissues/encore and some newer things. (Plus some KOs in this display [not for sale] cabinets).
    Those are KOs??!! Woah...why do they keep them behind a locked glass and label them as not for sale...

Obviously they buy stuff from you too, provided you have some real big thing (or some real big KOs )

Yeah, I remember seeing loose original G1 toys sold at Comics R Us 10 years ago (damn it's been that long now??) -- there was also a record shop in Camberwell that had HEAPS of G1s. Also Animezone in Box Hill, but they were freakin' pricey...

Ah... memories...

Those are KOs??!! Woah...why do they keep them behind a locked glass and label them as not for sale...

Obviously they buy stuff from you too, provided you have some real big thing (or some real big KOs )
    Last time I looked, they still had a a gestalt and 'Shockwave' in the cabinet by the stairs that have never looked legit. The actual for sale stuff all looks fine at a glance.

I've never tried selling anything to them. I get the feeling that selling on eBay would get a better return.

Last time I looked, they still had a a gestalt and 'Shockwave' in the cabinet by the stairs that have never looked legit. The actual for sale stuff all looks fine at a glance.

I've never tried selling anything to them. I get the feeling that selling on eBay would get a better return.
    Thanks for that Paul. If I'm ever in Melbourne again I'll add it back to the list to check out. I don't remember the prices back then, I was mainly in awe that somewhere was selling G1 toys, or at least apparently had them on display.