Page 203 of 481 FirstFirst ... 183193198199200201202203204205206207208213223 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy_josh View Post
    I would like to add something here
    I went to go see MI4 last night as I had a free ticket to see it, my gf was working and plus she hates tom cruise movies. I sat down and you got people talking in the ads which doesn't bother me at all, infact I ahd a conversation where I educated one bunch of kids about the hobbit movie as they said ohh it's lord of the rings number 4 lol.

But what happened during the movie was a bunch of kids sitting behind me were climbing all over hte seats and talking extremely loud and yelling out at people calling them soft c%nts and to top it off started to drop pop corn down my back! I had enough of it I turned around and warned them all and they then shat them selves and of course denied it. Well shortly after they started up again slurping very loud to the point you knew they were doing it to get at me, after 10 minutes and them starting to yell at people again I had enough of it. I grabbed my gear drink and munchies included stormed out and demanded to speak to the manager that very second. The manager came out with two other guys to kick the kids out.

After and during the event the cinema tried to make me feel very accomodated with a free drink and even security to walk me to where I had to pick my girlfriend up as she works in the same complex and to make sure I was not attacked by those kids. So I must thank them for their work and I will be ringing up event cinema head office and letting them know how good of a crew they have at that one cinema.

I am not racist, but.... Was naming the race of the children needed?

It's always hell when others ruin a movie night
    Last edited by griffin; 22nd January 2012 at 12:15 AM. Reason: editted quoted text

Quote Originally Posted by gantz View Post

It's always hell when others ruin a movie night
    Probably not but I think we all know the sorts of attitudes that some kids of that descent can have and that's not to say that any other nationality are better or worse as I know that white kids can be just as belligerent; hell, anyone who's been to Shellharbour Greater Union would know what I'm talking about and Anubis forbid if you should dare going to a Movie Marathon there!

Point is though, it really does suck when others think they own the bloody cinema and treat it like their own public loungeroom.

Good on you champ!. Consider this a virtual High 5/hand shake.
    Regardless of who's doing it, they need to be told and sorted out one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by gantz View Post
    Descriptive term edited out.

There wasn't any malice, or emphasis, and since he's only new to our site and standards, there won't be a need to make a big deal of it.

Venting about this one,
    I work part time because of studying as I have a hectic study schedule. So I work for Big W online, does any one realsie what abuse we cop from people over the phone? Seriously all those who complained about big w screwing up their christmas orders are wrong! This is what happened.

1 Blame australia post not us, because they are incharge of delivery not us!

2 Always check your details, you would not believe how many idiots are out there that do not put down all their details we had for example the woman who went on today tonight, she put down her name her suburb her state and her post code, she forgot her street and number plus a phone number to get a hold of her. dont blame us for your own stupidity!

3 we do NOT send items to poboxes I can't express how many people think a tv can be sent to one because ohh there's space at the post office! MPC will not send to a PO BOX Eparcel are the only delivery system that will take an item for collection to the post office, no one else.

4 IT issues can not be helped it's a thing of life that does happen when we our computers are put under extrodinary pressure so dont yell and scream at us or send us pictures of sad little children in front of trampolines which are half constructed. Before you get up us ask us questions in a calm tone, we WILL hang up on you if you swear at us!

5 out web site only gets up dated that night so dont go off saying it said in stock why is out of stock if the item is pick failed, if item is pick failed you will be getting your money back so stop screaming at us!

6 Cursing gets you no where. Swear at us and we will terminate your call so be nice.

7 The other person who is taking your call is NOT big w we only work for them, we have feelings a company does not, even though we cant be nasty back does not give you the right to be nasty to us.

8 just use common sense over the phone when making orders, if you have an accent or you can tell the person on the other end is finding it difficult to understand you, slow down your speech, spell the word out slowly, this helps us as much as it helps you because if we cant help you it's because all the information to find you on our systems are provided by you so techniclly it is your fault not ours.

Thanks that felt better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Probably not but I think we all know the sorts of attitudes that some kids of that descent can have and that's not to say that any other nationality are better or worse as I know that white kids can be just as belligerent; hell, anyone who's been to Shellharbour Greater Union would know what I'm talking about and Anubis forbid if you should dare going to a Movie Marathon there!

Point is though, it really does suck when others think they own the bloody cinema and treat it like their own public loungeroom.
    I have to agree with this. I wouldn't say that it's so much about ethnicity and more about the social circles that these people are from.

The problem is that the Australian immigration department has allowed several groups of 'undesirables' to enter the country without properly screening them. It's not about what ethnic background, race or religion they are from but more to do with their social class. Every culture has their 'good' and 'bad' people and unfortunately Australia has not been very good at keeping the latter out. I tend to regard people by who they are as individuals and would not judge them solely on race or ethnicity but is hard not to notice certain trends among some groups in Sydney.

Basically, imagine if we get all Australian bogans and housos to migrate en mass to another country under the guise of boosting a 'skilled workforce' or some other reason. I am pretty sure that the Australian community in that country would not have a very good reputation after just a couple of years. I am pretty sure that is what has happened here.

If immigration had been better at getting properly educated people into the country, I am pretty sure that opinion of certain 'ethnic groups' would be much more positive.

Thanks Griffin, I wasn't trying to be mean or anything towards any one I was just stating what back ground they were is all, I meant no harm so I appologise to any one that may of taken offence to it.

Kup I guess I can see where you are coming from but at the same point this problem has gone back to the first settlement, because the first settlement were as well law brakers so it's been a tradition in Australia I guess from the first settlement lol.

I do agree that they need a proper education, yet again not trying to be rude but maybe just in how Australia is, you know not complaining about holiday icons at school, following traditions about burqa's, because you can wear a burqa inside a bank but you can wear a helmet inside one. I was at the bank the other day and one guy got up set because he refused to tank his helmet off, they could see his eyes but his reason which I felt was fair was "If she can wear that cloth and not get demanded to take it off why can't I wear my helmet as it's a pain to put back on sometimes!"

Proper manners are needed as again kids in cinemas, they scream and yell and carry on and for what reason, because they can get away with it. I must admit not a single other person in that cinema said a single word they were to afraid to say anything. I am a person that if I see injustment I will stand up against it, it's what my parents taught me to do.

Thanks Griffin, I wasn't trying to be mean or anything towards any one I was just stating what back ground they were is all, I meant no harm so I appologise to any one that may of taken offence to it.

Kup I guess I can see where you are coming from but at the same point this problem has gone back to the first settlement, because the first settlement were as well law brakers so it's been a tradition in Australia I guess from the first settlement lol.

I do agree that they need a proper education, yet again not trying to be rude but maybe just in how Australia is, you know not complaining about holiday icons at school, following traditions about burqa's, because you can wear a burqa inside a bank but you can wear a helmet inside one. I was at the bank the other day and one guy got up set because he refused to tank his helmet off, they could see his eyes but his reason which I felt was fair was "If she can wear that cloth and not get demanded to take it off why can't I wear my helmet as it's a pain to put back on sometimes!"

Proper manners are needed as again kids in cinemas, they scream and yell and carry on and for what reason, because they can get away with it. I must admit not a single other person in that cinema said a single word they were to afraid to say anything. I am a person that if I see injustment I will stand up against it, it's what my parents taught me to do.
    Yeah, Australia was once a penal colony but education and years of hardship and aspiration has made Australian society evolve into what it is today. I am unsure if that culturally forging hardship or determination to better themselves applies today. People coming to Australian today aren't exactly coming into harsh lives that command a radical social change in order to survive and prosper.

I believe that the source of the problem has nothing to do with ethnicity, race or religion but rather the 'type' of people that is being allowed into the country.
    Last edited by kup; 25th January 2012 at 04:43 PM.

Okay well what type is that?

Okay well what type is that?
    People who lack manners and social respect.