Page 188 of 481 FirstFirst ... 168178183184185186187188189190191192193198208 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Must... ...fight... ...plastic crack addiction.... already down to spend $200 next week on TFs, must not give in to add $200 on top of that when trying to save for a desktop!!! How do you guys control your addiction?
    If you have a GF/wife just ask her what she thinks of X & how good it will look with Y & Z. Trust me it curbs things considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Must... ...fight... ...plastic crack addiction.... already down to spend $200 next week on TFs, must not give in to add $200 on top of that when trying to save for a desktop!!! How do you guys control your addiction?
    Just put a weekly limit your spending money, or set a specific amount to put aside each time you get paid.
    If you're saving towards a goal I find it easier to do up a spreadsheet, for example with hours worked, pay, expenses, savings and spending money. I know exactly how much I can spend each week and how far away I am from my goal.
    I don't know if that makes sense but that got me to Botcon in 2009 with $1000+ spending money. :3

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    Damn Illawarra winds. Is Spring supposed to be this windy?!
    I hear you man, but, it is August/September that we get this sort of weather; that and usually a deluge of rain.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Just put a weekly limit your spending money, or set a specific amount to put aside each time you get paid.
    If you're saving towards a goal I find it easier to do up a spreadsheet, for example with hours worked, pay, expenses, savings and spending money. I know exactly how much I can spend each week and how far away I am from my goal.
    I don't know if that makes sense but that got me to Botcon in 2009 with $1000+ spending money. :3
    I see what you mean, plan out your spending. I think I'll try this approach. Thanks tinyJazz, hope it works!

What are you spending your money on dude? There's bugger all new stock out there atm... unless you're buying up every Optimus Prime and Bumblebee you see. I wish there were more new toys to buy! Where the hell's DOTM Soundwave, Wheeljack and Mirage, damnit!??

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    What are you spending your money on dude? There's bugger all new stock out there atm... unless you're buying up every Optimus Prime and Bumblebee you see. I wish there were more new toys to buy! Where the hell's DOTM Soundwave, Wheeljack and Mirage, damnit!??
    Old TFs You'll see when I post them in the October Acquisitions thread!

My Wife and I put 10% of our income into a seperate account each which is our spending money on personal things, like Transformers, games etc. the rest goes into the joint account which is out of bounds for hobby expenses. simple. I also have an ING savings maximiser attached to my account that hides my moey away so I don't see it in my spending account.

then when I'm looking for a big expense like a Botcon Set, there is hopefully nearly enough in that account to cover it.

enforced saving, if you don't see the money, you don't miss it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    My Wife and I put 10% of our income into a seperate account each which is our spending money on personal things, like Transformers, games etc. the rest goes into the joint account which is out of bounds for hobby expenses. simple. I also have an ING savings maximiser attached to my account that hides my moey away so I don't see it in my spending account.

then when I'm looking for a big expense like a Botcon Set, there is hopefully nearly enough in that account to cover it.

enforced saving, if you don't see the money, you don't miss it.
    Why is this in the vent thread? Isn't that good that your money is hidden?

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    Why is this in the vent thread? Isn't that good that your money is hidden?
    UM is trying to lecture/consol me on my "vent", seeing I'm living literally from pay cheque to pay cheque at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    UM is trying to lecture/consol me on my "vent", seeing I'm living literally from pay cheque to pay cheque at the moment
    Makes more sense. At first it reminded me of this;