Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
Ok so I had my surgery today & it went well. Every time I pass water it is a nice stream of blood & feels like my peen is on fire & pissing razor wire but that will pass. The nurses were wonderful as they always are.

One thing I have a major beef with is the doctors refused to continue my script for Oxy so I could taper my dosage & not have to go through withdrawals & manage my pain in a adequate manner. I swear if I ever see that Dr on the street he will need one of his mates to help him because I will smash his head so hard he will be the one needing surgery.

I have been taking fairly high doses of Oxy for 2-3 months now on a daily basis. I told the Dr that I am accustomed to taking this medication & having been through withdrawals before I am not prepared to go through another withdrawal seeing how stressed my body has been with this illness. I was told flat out that since the stone has been removed I don't have pain (tell that to my willy!) & thats life. Now I have to go see my GP to get a taper script for the Oxy tomorrow. I swear if I could have removed my tubes & strangled the bastard with them I would have.

I am trying to be sensible about this & taper my use over a week or two which is what is required & even the medication warnings say as much. These Dr's get you taking meds & then wash their hands of you when you know you need to taper. I am trying to do so in a controlled & responsable manner which is what the doctors & all logic suggest.

Tonight I am suffering a great deal & cannot drive to the hospital to get treatment. It will be a case of suck it up princess until tomorrow but I am extremely angry about how I have been treated by the surgeon & the disregard for my safety & comfort. What happens if I drive to the hospital at 2am & have an accident because I have no other way to get there all because they refused to provide any pain medication post surgery?
Sorry to hear about your illness and pain. Are you able to call a Taxi to take you?