Page 369 of 481 FirstFirst ... 349359364365366367368369370371372373374379389 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    Oohhhccchhh man hope it heals up all good bro....
    thanks Lance
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    So on the weekend playing my baseball grand final, I dove back towards second base and landed heavily on my wrists. I now have torn my left TFCC (Triangular Fibro Cartilage Complex) (I know what are the odds) with slight damage to the right.
    my left hand will most likely be in splint for the next month, all the way through pre-season training for winter ball. if it doesn't heal I may have to give up baseball which I certainly don't want to do.
    apart from that, I have to type with one hand so I apologise in advance if any of my posts seem abrupt, it's because my single handed typing is a pain in the arse.
    Holy crap man, no wonder you've been a bit quiet on twitter the past couple of days!

Can't imagine how frustrating that must be, let alone how painful it initially was - I sincerely hope the injuries don't impede your ability to participate in the sport you love, all the best for a full recovery mate!

Thanks Hursti,
    only another week and a bit till my first inspection. hopefully it all heals up well.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Random rant that i just need to tell someone about, Paypal sent me a $10 voucher, to my account that I've had forever, so i figure good timing was gonna buy a couple things, that $10 means i can buy something else along with it and it would make it retail price. Anyway no matter what i do i get to paypal payment and it said this voucher is linked to another paypal account and cant be used... So i try more things, changing emails, deleting and adding my ebay from paypal etc. and in the end last ditch try before bed i decide of the 2 options it says 'log in to another account' or 'continue without voucher', i click the log in, figuring i'll just try the alternate email thats on the account... But no, it just goes ahead and completes the transaction for the full amount...

I know it's only $10 but now I've paid 30% more than retail for something, and been fked around trying to get it to work for half an hour for nothing... (Well, -$10 in the end).

I got that too, and have read of many others on whirlpool. I think they mistakenly sent it out to a bunch of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehirn View Post
    I got that too, and have read of many others on whirlpool. I think they mistakenly sent it out to a bunch of people.
    Ah so not just me? I got the email voucher not 5 minutes after getting off the phone to paypal about another issue so i figured maybe it was just me as kind of a little gift/sorry.

Edit: feel kinda bad after reading whitlpool and thinking of the 2 emails i seny paypal (one from their help service and one in response to the automated "based on your selection here are common solutions, if these dont help send us more infomration"). Was having a very assertive day yesterday, after taking my wife to a doctor, disagreeing with their diagnosis and asking for a second opinion, something i am neither qualified nor would normally do (passive introvert) but they got another 2 doctors to do a quick check and they agreed with me.

Anyway looks like some people are getting $10 credited... so here's hoping.

(For those wondering, it seems the voucher was intended for accounts that have been inactive for 12 months, but was obviously wrongly sent to many many more recipients).
    Last edited by Akky82; 25th March 2015 at 11:28 AM.

Why are there always so many workers needed for roadside construction/repair? 80% of them seem to just stand around.

Also my physio was telling me how she had a traffic controller (stop/go sign guy) come in for treatment under workers comp. He was gloating how he gets $37.50 an hour and RDO's etc. Where's the motivation for people in this country to progress through to higher education. Makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Why are there always so many workers needed for roadside construction/repair? 80% of them seem to just stand around.

Also my physio was telling me how she had a traffic controller (stop/go sign guy) come in for treatment under workers comp. He was gloating how he gets $37.50 an hour and RDO's etc. Where's the motivation for people in this country to progress through to higher education. Makes me sick.
    Yeah mate my dad's ex-friend was over 60 and used to volunteer for all the early morning traffic control jobs cos he'd get allowance and around 45$ an hour back in 2000ish... When i did work experience at my local council office in hogh school almost all the office workers had traffic control tickets and when i asked a guy why he said 'it's basically free money and we rotate around'.

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    Anyway looks like some people are getting $10 credited... so here's hoping.
    After seeing a new post on whirlpool I rang them up and they credited me it to my account, only took a couple mintues to get through.

Had one of the busiest weeks at work last week leaving me exhausted by the end. Monday was Parent Teacher interviews - 80 odd 5 minute interviews with constant talking. Followed that up with a meeting for all of Tuesday with the head of mathematics for the VCAA discussing the finer points of implementing the new senior Mathematics curriculum. Riveting. Didn't see my daughter awake from Sunday night to Wednesday night and she looked at me as though she didn't know who I was. Thursday was more freaking parent teacher interviews with another 80 odd interviews, but the killer was...

I get an email on Friday from my retailer in Japan that I'd bought MP Exhaust from telling me that he wasn't able to secure one for me. He's the second Japanese retailer that's fallen through on this one and now they're being scalped on ebay for ridiculous prices.

First world problems. I'm going back to my corner now to keep grumbling .