Page 390 of 710 FirstFirst ... 370380385386387388389390391392393394395400410 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 7096

Thread: Interesting, rare and sometimes cheap ebay items.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Haha, that makes the win even more epic! Looking forward to seeing some nice pics of ol' Ravage when he turns up.
    Hehe, I freaked when I got the email - I couldn't reply quick enough!
    Indeed I will be taking plenty of shots of everything when he arrives dude, hopefully the sunlight will permit some nice pics though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Does this seem odd to anyone else?

lol there is absolutely no way in hell that an unopened shipping box from 1987 was discovered at a Toys r Us after "some shelving was moved". I used to work in a big retail store during my uni days and that's just a ridiculous claim. A case of Fort Max (which I'm sure would've came as 2 Fort Maxes per case) is absolutely enormous and near impossible to stay hidden for 25 years. Not only that, but he has 3 in total. Did he find 1 and a half cases of Fort Maxes?

Other holes in his auction

- The pictured Fort Max is acryllic encased. Convenient for them to have one handy!

- "a team member of ours actually found the items and put price tags on them and a young boy actually purchased the fortress maximus for 79.99" - after so long in "storage", the bardcode wouldn't even register on the system.

- "stil sealed and waiting for you! its in perfect condition with no flaws dings or tears!" - sounds like this guy is a collector.

I feel really bad for the people who have already placed bids

But is it a legit Fort Max is my question?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    But is it a legit Fort Max is my question?
    Fort Max has never been knocked off. The seller has 0 feedback and is attempting to sell off a super mint sealed in box G1 Fort Max. It's more likely to be a scam than anything else.

Keen eyed U.S fans are probably going to get the auction pulled eventually methinks!

Is it just me or does this really sound like a bad scam? First thing that raises my alarms are, why woulda young kid want this bot if they have not seen it on tv? No advertisement no need to want it. Second why if they have more then one why do they not list them on ebay? also this quote here "we have 2 more fortress maximus still in the box and we auctioning them off as employee of the month incentive prizes!" why would they be auctioning them off as employee of the month prizes? The store wont give the money to the person so why do this? Also am I seeing things but it looks like the box is inside a clear casing, can any one else see this?

I am sorry guys but I think this is a scam and I feel sorry for those who have bidded on it.

The first rule of collecting is if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I would be very hesitant in believing someone on eBay with zero feedback saying that he just unearthed a MISB Fort Max.

I can't be completely certain, but I believe I have seen the picture in the auction somewhere before as well.

@ jazzy_josh - Acrylic cases are often used by collectors to protect / preserve rare or expensive items. A company called AFA in America is known for grading and encasing Transformers and other collectables for a fee. This has the effect of increasing the value of the collectable as well, especially if it receives a high rating from AFA.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Custom made Plush Transformers (at least, I don't think they are official).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Custom made Plush Transformers (at least, I don't think they are official).
    I actually have all the big ones - they are pretty cool - expensive though. They come in clear plastic bags which I leave them in to keep them clean.

I am hoping they do more seekers though